Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48012 times)

Offline Pup7309

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2020, 05:39:46 PM »
Might be a few still in the warehouse. Still no word on what’s happening there? Argh!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Online Ringleheim

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2020, 02:45:17 AM »
Things seem to be stable at the moment, meaning, nothing much is happening!

No changes or news at the WNW website.

Modelbau Koenig still has their supply of 6 different WNW kits for sale.

HLJ has their batch of kits, and Hannants has the 2 Gotha G1 kits.   

At first I thought these kits represented the warehouse in NZ opening up. But now I think these companies are simply finding glitches in the distribution chain and grabbing pockets of stock from wherever they can randomly find it.

It's interesting to note that even under these circumstances, a number of WNW kits are slow to sell and they can't seem to give away the Gothas. 

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
I think they must have put in big orders for new kits such as Pup etc and others are selling down.
Ho hum it’s a bit of a waiting game now...

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »
I think they must have put in big orders for new kits such as Pup etc and others are selling down.
Ho hum it’s a bit of a waiting game now...
yeah i think those big batches that showed up a few weeks ago were ordered just before they shut down.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
I have two email requests in from the time of the closure.  I received the standard reply, and a automatic follow up.  I suspect these are at the bottom of the bucket.

Online Ringleheim

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2020, 04:08:11 AM »
Previously sold out Gotha G1 at Sprue Brothers is now back in stock.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2020, 04:32:48 AM »
Previously sold out Gotha G1 at Sprue Brothers is now back in stock.

I wouldn't get too excited.  There are only 2 in stock.  They'll be gone soon enough.
Wonder if they were returns or cancelled orders?    Either that or they found them buried under the  96 UWDs still in stock.   :)

Eric

Offline smperry

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:58 AM »
Maybe when the one year anniversary of WnW's demise rolls around we could do a memorial UWD group build.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Dekenba1

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2020, 07:34:04 AM »
I feel like I'm alone is liking the UWD over the G.1?

A German, swept-wing, twin-engined, twin-tailed, three seater, biplane bomber on giant stilts and floats.

What's not to like?!

Offline eclarson

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »
I feel like I'm alone is liking the UWD over the G.1?

A German, swept-wing, twin-engined, twin-tailed, three seater, biplane bomber on giant stilts and floats.

What's not to like?!

You are not alone!  I opted for the UWD over the G.1.  What you said!  What's not to love?   :)

Eric

Offline petrov27

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
Ha I like both Gothas in all their goofiness but still didn't purchase till I found one on discount. I kinda wonder if this is the kit that killed WNW - like did hardly anyone except a few crazy folk on this forum purchase it? Given the mad scramble to purchase anything WNW right now and crazy selling prices yet these two kits remain pretty available and with no markup.

Its just such a large odd thing and expensive! The tooling and development had to be spendy....
-Patrick

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2020, 11:05:13 AM »
Got the UWD also when they had over 100, now have to save LOL.

Dekenba1

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
Ha I like both Gothas in all their goofiness but still didn't purchase till I found one on discount. I kinda wonder if this is the kit that killed WNW - like did hardly anyone except a few crazy folk on this forum purchase it? Given the mad scramble to purchase anything WNW right now and crazy selling prices yet these two kits remain pretty available and with no markup.

Its just such a large odd thing and expensive! The tooling and development had to be spendy....

They maybe looked at the G.IV, saw it was sold out & going for mega money on EBay & thought the new Gotha's would do similar?

Having said that, two versions was one too many.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »
Hannants in the UK still has 20+G.1 and 20+UWD in stock as of last night. 
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »

They maybe looked at the G.IV, saw it was sold out & going for mega money on EBay & thought the new Gotha's would do similar?

Having said that, two versions was one too many.

Well maybe if and when they sell out. I’m thinking it’s too big to build, too expensive as a dust gatherer. But it is an oddity and maybe one day it will get crazy money like the Gotha iv so I won’t mind parting with ‘the kit that killed WNW.’ Until then I’m holding onto my collection like a squirrel with winter nuts, but will sell off if I need the $ (either that or a kidney!)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:23:43 PM by Pup7309 »