Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48374 times)

Offline Pup7309

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
We have seen a few pop up at Modelblau, but if, where and when kits will come up for sale we don’t know. Are there hundreds or thousands left? Who knows!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2020, 06:00:30 PM »
another truckload is about to pup up at https://andyshhq.com/

this is good news for ppl in the US. looks like they're dumping stuff from their overseas warehouses, these are big shipments.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »

this is good news for ppl in the US. looks like they're dumping stuff from their overseas warehouses, these are big shipments.

Yes, and the advertisement said they wouldn't Inflate the prices! $50,000.00 worth of inventory  ;D
RAGIII
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:40:35 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online petrov27

« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2020, 11:30:14 PM »
huh very cool that AndysHQ are not going to double the prices on them. Wonder when they will be available to purchase though not really sure I need to pad the stash any more. I guess at worst they are unlikely to go down in value so if not built long term they would be fine to resell down the line.
-Patrick

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »

Yes, and the advertisement said they wouldn't Inflate the prices! $50,000.00 worth of inventory  ;D
RAGIII
Do they ship to Europe ? I had a quick look at the website but I couldn't find anything.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2020, 11:40:04 PM »

RAGIII
Do they ship to Europe ? I had a quick look at the website but I couldn't find anything.

The FB add said the inventory was on the way, no pre orders or holding kits. I have not used them before so I have no idea about their shipping.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2020, 04:00:38 AM »
It looks like what a lot of us have been waiting for is about to happen.  I.E., the warehouse in NZ opening up with a liquidation of the inventory via a handful of chosen retailers around the world. It looks like the WNW web store will never re-open, but who knows. 

Have a look at Modellbau Koenig in Germany.  They have a bunch of new WNW kits along with a little message saying "When they're gone, they're gone forever" or something like this.  Good prices too. 

Interesting that nothing is happening at Sprue Brothers, but that might change any moment now.

Still nothing at Andy's Hobby Headquarters, but that looks like it's going to change soon.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2020, 05:52:06 AM »
I'd like to see a pop-up of the armament and engine sprues from NZ...
let's hope the situation is going for better.
This night I had a dream... the WNW H.P. 0/400 available in small quantities on the web...
I put it in the basket, checked out but  it was no longer available.. a nightmare :(
A similar experience yesterday fighting for the last Felixstowe at MBK....

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »
It looks like what a lot of us have been waiting for is about to happen.  I.E., the warehouse in NZ opening up with a liquidation of the inventory via a handful of chosen retailers around the world. It looks like the WNW web store will never re-open, but who knows. 

Have a look at Modellbau Koenig in Germany.  They have a bunch of new WNW kits along with a little message saying "When they're gone, they're gone forever" or something like this.  Good prices too. 

Interesting that nothing is happening at Sprue Brothers, but that might change any moment now.

Still nothing at Andy's Hobby Headquarters, but that looks like it's going to change soon.

MBK worked out REALLY well for me, they had exactly what i was missing. the free shipping on big orders is a nice touch.

i've not ordered from Andy's HQ but they have a high rep among people i know who have.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2020, 02:04:45 PM »

RAGIII

So about 50 Gotha GIV’s worth?!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2020, 03:03:02 PM »
I saw a Facebook post reporting Andy's in the USA was only shipping to CONUS addresses. If correct that means no shipping to Europe or Australia etc.

Good news for our American members but probably not for the rest of us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2020, 05:32:59 PM »
I saw a Facebook post reporting Andy's in the USA was only shipping to CONUS addresses. If correct that means no shipping to Europe or Australia etc.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Indeed, I send him an email and he confirmed that he was not going to ship to the EU

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »
I suppose if you live outside those areas and you have trusted friends who do live there, it would be possible to obtain the kits by proxy.

I can also imagine some stash-swapping going on, especially with more local modellers where postage costs would then be minimal.  For example I have 2 of the WNW RNAS Pup - bought just before they sold out - so in theory I would consider swapping one box for a similar value kit which I don’t have.

There’s plenty of unbuilt WNW kits around which don’t necessarily need to be traded for silly money.  Yes there will be some people for whom needs must - and this could indeed happen to me - but my point is there will be plenty of kits around..

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Me: ‘Damn!’ My wallet: ‘Phew!’ 
I wish the NZ warehouse would open even if we had to pay for DHL or equivalent post,
D

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2020, 09:06:49 PM »
But....  if you still want a Gotha G.I or UWD, Hannants is still showing more than 20 of each.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.