Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48366 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
In theory suppliers could have put in orders before they closed orders. Maybe clearing backorders, it could affected their reputation if they said one thing then let too many people down?
whatever else they're doing they're definitely shipping out orders that were put in before they stopped accepting them.

now i'm kicking myself for lacking the backbone to order what i wanted direct when i had the chance. turns out it was a good bet. hopefully after they fulfill all the orders they have in now, they'll sell the inventory directly through the website, so i can pay US$10 for an OAW sprue rather than US$100 on ebay...

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2020, 03:31:46 AM »
Needless to say, it would be hugely beneficial for anyone who receives an order from WNW in the days ahead to say so.

I.E., let us know the warehouse in New Zealand has commenced trying to fulfill orders that were placed prior to the shutdown.

Once those orders are fulfilled, I do believe WNW will empty out the warehouse and start sending to the various retailers they have been doing business with.

No doubt once Peter Jackson has grabbed 10 of each for a rainy day.  LOL

Actually, I'm sure he's already done that a while ago.

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
Well it was scheduled for today, but package hasn't moved on from EAST TAMAKI NZ yet, hopefully its just slow due to all the things going on. I am hoping it won't get lost, not sure how the current incumbents of WNW will handle anything like that.

Edit: As soon as I post its in transit to Los angeles, package available for clearance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:18:38 AM by ThePenguin »

Offline Lettow

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »
Needless to say, it would be hugely beneficial for anyone who receives an order from WNW in the days ahead to say so.

I.E., let us know the warehouse in New Zealand has commenced trying to fulfill orders that were placed prior to the shutdown.

Especially important would be to let us know if any items in an order are not shipped.... as in they are Sold Out.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2020, 10:08:06 PM »
I imagine if they re open the sold out signs will go up soon enough. I noticed the least popular such as Eindeckers, Rumplers and Dh9as went in the panic buying. But this assumes they will reopen rather than sell off to retailers.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2020, 10:10:46 PM »
I heard a couple of Handley Page test kits got out. These will be super rare if the kit never makes it for sale.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:20:11 PM by Pup7309 »

Offline Dave J

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
Well it was scheduled for today, but package hasn't moved on from EAST TAMAKI NZ yet, hopefully its just slow due to all the things going on. I am hoping it won't get lost, not sure how the current incumbents of WNW will handle anything like that.

Edit: As soon as I post its in transit to Los angeles, package available for clearance.

FedEx shouldn't lose your package. During my time, the only issues I had with FedEx was Clearance and Billing. They always get the package to where its going.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Dave J

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »
I heard a couple of Handley Page test kits got out. These will be super rare if the kit never makes it for sale.

I am aware of three. I have O/400, Mike Swinburne has built up most of the O/100 which can be seen on WNW Fans on FB, I will not comment on the third person who has a test shot.

I will be building up mine once I have cleared a few things on the bench... that will be awhile thou!

I am taking offers of

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2020, 04:38:23 AM »
Just wanted to add that, as taken from a variety of sources, WNW kits have definitely been shipped and received from the warehouse in NZ. 

So they are back up and running in terms of fulfilling backlogged orders from before the shutdown.

How long that will last and if it implies they will turn the website back on again for new orders remains to be seen.

I'm checking in many times per day.

😜

Offline Dave J

« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2020, 06:32:33 AM »
Just wanted to add that, as taken from a variety of sources, WNW kits have definitely been shipped and received from the warehouse in NZ. 

So they are back up and running in terms of fulfilling backlogged orders from before the shutdown.

How long that will last and if it implies they will turn the website back on again for new orders remains to be seen.

😜

I am picking they will not be considering reopening the web store for sales anytime soon, as they state in the emails that I have seen posted that they are using FedEx due to postal systems being unreliable at the moment. I know that the web store does not have FedEx pricing setup and doubt they know how to enter it either.

IF they reopen the webstore, I think it would be once some normality has returned to most postal systems.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2020, 06:54:59 AM »
I got my D.1 yesterday June 16th. It was shipped the previous Thursday with my order was put in around mid-April, if this helps. It was originally meant to be here Monday, but to go with what Dave just posted the postal system is still sketchy and honestly may remain that way for awhile.

Also, I need to clear my bench and finish these other projects off, always get close to painting them and stall lol.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »

😜

I am picking they will not be considering reopening the web store for sales anytime soon, as they state in the emails that I have seen posted that they are using FedEx due to postal systems being unreliable at the moment. I know that the web store does not have FedEx pricing setup and doubt they know how to enter it either.

IF they reopen the webstore, I think it would be once some normality has returned to most postal systems.
it would be a mistake to open now, with postal services being a mess, IMO.

i have two packages stuck in Germany still...

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2020, 03:41:25 AM »
What postal services are a mess exactly?  Are they talking about the New Zealand postal system?

I have been ordering kits from all over the world like crazy during the pandemic with no problems other than the usual from within the USA using the US postal service.  LOL. 

I just got stuff from Japan in 4 days to Florida.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2020, 03:45:18 AM »

😜

Hi Dave, I have noted the Fed Ex reference as well.  Assuming that they just want this all to be over with, maybe this is one more reason to assume they will ship out the kits in the warehouse to other retails and get rid of inventory in that manner.

Seems much easier--and critically faster--to do it that way.

Can you give us a guess at the numbers involved?  Take a high volume kit as an example.  How many would be in the warehouse in rough ballpark figures?

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2020, 10:42:33 AM »

I am aware of three. I have O/400, Mike Swinburne has built up most of the O/100 which can be seen on WNW Fans on FB, I will not comment on the third person who has a test shot.

I will be building up mine once I have cleared a few things on the bench... that will be awhile thou!

I am taking offers of

:D haha. It will be worth one billion in the future.