Author Topic: My Wife Christy  (Read 6468 times)

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« on: April 16, 2020, 02:12:06 AM »
As some of you know my wife Christy has been in and out of hospitals, acute care, skilled nursing, and rehab Since December 9, 2018. She had a triple bypass December 18, 2018. She has only been home January 5-15, 2019, July 26-September 11, 2019, and then April 11-13, 2020. This new stuff started Monday when she fell early Monday evening.

Christy came home from rehab Saturday. A little while ago, Christy got up off the side of the bed and with her walker, was going to walk to the bathroom. I was on the other side of the bed and didn't know until I heard your yell "I'm falling". She was on her left side on the floor, couldn't move her leg and was in practically in tears as she said her hip hurt bad. EMS came and took her to the hospital, main Methodist, and with the Corona virus, I can't go to the hospital, so they will let me know later from hospital of what all is happening. Well, Christy fractured her hip and is going to need surgery. Not sure when yet, as they have to clear her heart medically, that it will be okay for surgery which I'm sure won;t be a problem.

Yesterday -  She is at Methodist in the medical center. She woke me up a little after 5:00am this morning and was super chatty.She was on dilauded so wasn't in much pain. She said they were gonna have to surgery on her fractured hip, but didn't know when as she had to be cleared medically - heart - like they did when she had the debriedments and the skin grafts on her chest. She must've called about 5 or 6 times this morning between 5:00 and around 7:30 and the ;last time she was like you haven't left yet, I want my phone. Took her her phone and other things she needed around 8:15 or so this morning and after about 10 minutes a nurse came down and I gave her Christy's cell and other things in a bag along with the form I had to fill out listing her belongings I brought her, her name and room number. The nurse was taking up to her when I left and I called her when I got back home like she asked me to and no answer. I figured she was either sleeping, seeing doctor/doctors, or out for x-rays or whatever. Tried calling a few more times later, no answer. Then the ICU doctor called around 1:30 and told me what had happened and that she was code blue -cardiac arrest - and they did CPR and that now she was in ICU and intubated.

Talked to ICU nurse last night and this morning, today, Christy is on a breathing tube/intubated still and they are chilling her , Hypothermia Protocol is what they call it, for 72 hours as that will stop any damage from occurring now and slows evrything down to help the body heal. They did a CT scan of her brain yesterday, but since she's chilled you can't really tell. They found her around 8:30ish yesterday morning unresponsive so they don't know how long her brain may have been without oxygen. When they warm her, they will do another CT scan of her brain and see if there is any damage, etc.

Haven't done any modeling since and I hope I'm not a burden for posting this, but I feel like we are all family here on this wonderful forum that Des created and now Dave taking over, I'm sure he's making Des proud.

Hope everyone is healthy and safe,

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: My Wife Christy
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 02:37:25 AM »
Oh bloody hell, James, that's terrible!

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 02:40:35 AM »
Oh bloody hell, James, that's terrible!

Richard

Terrible is an understatement. I'm numb, in shock and disbelief. At a loss for words..

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 02:50:10 AM »
Our well wishes and prayers are with your wife and you.

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 03:19:15 AM »
Thank you so much, Juan..

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 03:20:24 AM »
When do you next get an idea of how she is?

Richard

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 03:28:56 AM »
When do you next get an idea of how she is?

Richard

I'll call later this afternoon, then again this evening. Since she is on hypothermia protocol and intubated, she will be sedated the whole time. She's stable, so that's good. They are giving her pain medicine for her fractured hip.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 03:34:56 AM »
Who is supporting you, James? You should really be with someone

Richard

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 03:40:23 AM »
I do have our cat Tubby and dog Honeysuckle. They are our four-legged kids, our only kids. I do have my mom, and Christy's two sisters, a couple friends of ours that come by, but that;s about it.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 03:42:56 AM »
Are they aware of what's happened? The people, not the cat or dog, they'll be supporting in their own way.

Richard

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 03:45:40 AM »
Oh yeah, that's why they are coming by in the last few days to make sure I'm okay, eating, taking care of myself, etc. Just hanging in there doing the best I can.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »
That's good to hear. Someone is keeping an eye on you

From your first post, you are not a burden. There's precious little any of us here can do, except hear what you need to say. So we will do that

Richard

Online Borsos

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 07:09:38 AM »
My thoughts are with you and your wife. I wish you all the best.
Stay safe and strong for her.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 07:25:12 AM »
So sorry to hear this new, James.
Bloody awful.

I will keep you both in my thoughts.
Do take care.

Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 07:47:22 AM »
James,
   What awful news, I always feel so helpless in the face of these things. Stay safe and don't be alone; be strong for your Wife, she'll need you to lean on when this is behind her. Keep connected with us here and you and Christy will be in our thoughts.
Lance