Author Topic: My Wife Christy  (Read 6422 times)

Offline petero

Re: My Wife Christy
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2020, 03:19:01 AM »
My deepest condolences to you, James. I lost my wife of 38 years in 2015. Nobody who has not lost a spouse can imagine just how horrible that is. Please remember that things will get better. Keep trying to look forward as well as remembering the past. Even though you may think you'll never be happy again, you will be. Just take it one day at a time.

With heartfelt sympathy,

Peter

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2020, 03:26:30 AM »
Thank you Peter, your words are comforting. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, but right now it's still hard, especially in the mornings. I actually got some sleep last night.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline petero

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2020, 03:49:22 AM »
I remember those sleepless nights :(. If you'd like to talk, or more accurately type, please feel free to email or PM me via my profile. I haven't got any great words of wisdom, just painful experience that might help you cope.

Peter

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2020, 03:51:35 AM »
Thank you.

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 04:36:51 AM »
James,

My sincerest condolences. As other's have said, take it one day at a time. Things will get better. Your modeling brothers and sisters are here for you.

Mike

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2020, 06:07:27 AM »
How are things going James? You must be in the thick of practical and unpleasant stuff at the moment

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2020, 06:26:18 AM »
Hi Richard, yeah, kinda just getting started on some of that stuff. I had no freaking idea that funerals can be so EXPENSIVE! Nobody wanted me to wipe out our bank account as they all said that "Christy would kill me", and they are right. So, we are going the cremation route, way cheaper. Never thought about cremation, as I'm Jewish and we don't believe in cremation, but I'm neither practicing nor observant, so I'm good with it. Got Christy a purple urn, as purple was her favorite color, and three lines of engraving, see below. Also it will have a Star of David on it, ironic.

Line 1 - Christy Diane Sontag

Line 2 - November 24, 1971 - April 26, 2020

Line 3 - Chelsea, Tubby, and Honeysuckle's Mama

I'm doing okay, still numb, etc. and I miss her like crazy, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Richard, that was really, really kind of you checking in. I appreciate that so much. That's what makes this forum the greatest, friendliest, and best ANYWHERE.

James

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:17 AM »
I have just worked out Christy's age - and it is no age at all!

I have no experience of what you are going through apart from one parent and two in-laws. All were of a good age and their deaths were not unexpected. 

From other life events I have learned that one day at a time is really the best way

Richard

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2020, 06:48:47 AM »
That's too funny, the age thing. She was 48, much too young. I turned 53 this past January and I would always say I was five years older. Christy was always like "no, you're only four years and 10 months older.

It is not a pleasant experience losing a spouse, but I would think it would almost be like losing a child, maybe? We had no kids, we only had/have the four-legged kind, our cat Tubby, and our dog Honeysuckle. Chelsea was our first dog and she passed away in 2010, and we got Honeysuckle in 2010 after Chelsea.

James

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2020, 06:53:20 AM »
Quite honestly James, I'm moved to tears. I have no way of understanding what you are going through

Please, please keep letting us know how it is going. There will be people here who have been through similar experiences (not the same - never the same) who may be able to offer words of advice

Richard

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 06:59:13 AM »
Thank you Richard, i surely will as your are so kind, sir.

We are going to have a little memorial celebration at her sister's house this coming Saturday, May .

Thanks so much,

James

Offline Borsos

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2020, 07:11:40 AM »
Still thinking of you, I wish you all the strength you need to get through that.
All the best,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline James

My Wife Christy
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »
Thank you kindly, Andreas. It helps posting on here as it helps me get my feelings out, if that makes sense.

James

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »
Thank you kindly, Andreas. It helps posting on here as it helps me get my feelings out, if that makes sense.

James

It makes perfect sense. There's something about putting what is in your head into a different form that is incredibly useful. Writing it down or saying out loud - it all helps. Knowing there is someone to hear what you say also makes a difference

Richard

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »
Hello James

Thank you so much for sharing your mourning with us. I hope the messages of support from around the world help you in some small way.

The urn you have selected for your wife in her favourite colour is a loving touch.

Every day right now will be an ordeal but in time you will adjust and heal.  While your wife has passed on, the memories you have of her will never fade and will give you strength in the years to come. My brother died in 1961 when I was aged 11, and I still think of him every day 59 years later. In that regard he is always with me.

Be assured your friends on the Forum are here to support and encourage you.

Kind regards

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com