Author Topic: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke  (Read 88146 times)

Offline RichieW

Re: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
Very neat work on the wing tips Rick,  I'm enjoying seeing the surgery going on.

Bughunter

« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2020, 07:51:40 AM »
This "shelf" for the instruments at the SPAD always looks funny! 8)
your instruments looks fantastic! And very good attention to specific details and differences.

I couldn't build like that. Knowing me, I'd glue the wrong wing to the wrong fuselage ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2020, 08:06:07 AM »
I'm loving this mass production Rick!  The Guynemer wing tips look good.  Keep going! ;D

Best,

Bob

Thanks Bob! The wing tips have a long way to go but I am encouraged up to this point with My work  :o
RAGIII

Excellent looking tip mod Rick.
sp

Thanks SP. ! Like I said above, still a ways to go!
RAGIII

Very neat work on the wing tips Rick,  I'm enjoying seeing the surgery going on.

Thanks Richie!
RAGIII

This "shelf" for the instruments at the SPAD always looks funny! 8)
your instruments looks fantastic! And very good attention to specific details and differences.

I couldn't build like that. Knowing me, I'd glue the wrong wing to the wrong fuselage ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank. There is still a possibility of MY doing just waht you said  :o I must be careful!
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2020, 10:11:22 AM »
At this rate you will have all 3 done in time at all . Have you thought about starting your own production line and sale them  ;)
Fantastic work on those details . Really like the instruments , well done  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2020, 10:41:12 AM »
At this rate you will have all 3 done in time at all . Have you thought about starting your own production line and sale them  ;)
Fantastic work on those details . Really like the instruments , well done  8)

Terri

Thanks Terri! I don't think doing these things to sell would be profitable. Maybe Me 109s, but then taht would be dull  8)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2020, 07:31:19 AM »
A small update.
1. I have added the basic tip conversion to both wings. Final shaping still to be done.
2. I rolled a PE barrel for one of the Vickers. Just resting in place so not lined up. ( I still have need for 4 more Vickers if anybody wants to sell some at a reasonable cost( From WNW Camel, Snipe, or Dolphin).

RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2020, 07:41:29 AM »
That photo etch barrel looks incredible. Hope you can get enough to fully arm the trio.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2020, 07:53:33 AM »
That photo etch barrel looks incredible. Hope you can get enough to fully arm the trio.

Thanks Richie. I happened to have a Part set for the Hobby Craft/ Academy Camel that I won't be using so figured the MGs would work for the SPAD, at least one of them. Hopefully I will find someone that is using Gaspatch Guns for their Camel, Snipe, or Dolphin  8)
RAGIII

Bughunter

« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2020, 08:19:14 AM »
Your jacket looks great!
I don't find a 1/32 PE set from Part (strange company name), but for 1/48 there is a Vickers only PE set. You can build 12 jackets (4 of each type). But I think this is not available in 1/32.

There are also sets available from Eduard, may be better available for you and much cheaper as Gaspatch:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-632067-vickers-mki-wwi-gun--958537
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-632068-vickers-colt-mki-wwi-gun--967255

Cheers,
Frank

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
Indeed, that jacket looks awesome!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2020, 10:08:59 PM »
Great work all the way around, Rick.
Just curious, how do you roll the PE for the guns?  I haven't tackled that job yet, but will soon as a Roden Dr.1 is on deck after the Tommy.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2020, 10:26:11 PM »
Just curious, how do you roll the PE for the guns?  I haven't tackled that job yet, but will soon as a Roden Dr.1 is on deck after the Tommy.

I'm glad Rick used these - I'm using them on my SPAD and I couldn't remember where they came from! I annealed mine and they bend easily

They're a good representation of the French Colt/Vickers with the vents front and rear

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Bughunter

« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »
Ken, I use a set of cheap drills (without thicker shaft at the end) from ebay. The drills are junk, but so I have HSS shafts in 0.1mm steps.
It starts from 0.4mm with 10 drills, for the bigger ones are only 5 included.
They are blacked, so I can use them for hold parts during soldering without the danger that the part is stick to them.

Just my 2 cents,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2020, 01:33:05 AM »
Your jacket looks great!
I don't find a 1/32 PE set from Part (strange company name), but for 1/48 there is a Vickers only PE set. You can build 12 jackets (4 of each type). But I think this is not available in 1/32.

There are also sets available from Eduard, may be better available for you and much cheaper as Gaspatch:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-632067-vickers-mki-wwi-gun--958537
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-632068-vickers-colt-mki-wwi-gun--967255

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks for the LInks Frank. I am going to Make Do with what I have around the stash. I have a couple of Roden Vickers and a Copperstate version. The Roden Jackets are better(Not Great) and I will need to drill the ends out and fabricate the end cover. I will use the Copperstate version with the Gaspatch Vickers 11 mm Balloon Gun that came with the Aviattic Decals so all will have two MGs although they will look slightly different.  I will eventually have to replace the Roden ones in  the Nieuport 24 and 27 but that can wait  ;D
RAGIII[

quote author=GazzaS link=topic=10981.msg205046#msg205046 date=1589073164]
Indeed, that jacket looks awesome!
[/quote]

Thanks, Greatly appreciated.
RAGIII

Thanks Ken. I anneal and use My Waldron punch set or steel rod, screwdrivers, drills whatever matches the diameter!
RAGIII

I'm glad Rick used these - I'm using them on my SPAD and I couldn't remember where they came from! I annealed mine and they bend easily

They're a good representation of the French Colt/Vickers with the vents front and rear

Richard

Richard is correct! Once annealed they are pretty easy to bend. Not as tricky as Spandaus with all of those holes  8)

RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2020, 05:55:27 AM »
I keep getting triple vision when I look in on your thread Rick. I agrre with Frank - if I were to do what you are doing I would be in such a muddle I would give up! I have managed to muddle some wing ribs on my current build as it is, and I am making one model!!

Yours are progressing well though - keep it up!

Stephen.