Author Topic: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke  (Read 88092 times)

Offline RichieW

Re: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2020, 08:05:09 AM »
Congratulations on making it to retirement Rick, I love seeing folks make it that far and still have the ability to pursue their interests. I need a Spad in my collection so this is of great interest. I made Eddie Rickenbacker's Spad in 1/72 as a young lad, didn't do any rigging though.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »
Congratulations on making it to retirement Rick, I love seeing folks make it that far and still have the ability to pursue their interests. I need a Spad in my collection so this is of great interest. I made Eddie Rickenbacker's Spad in 1/72 as a young lad, didn't do any rigging though.

I retired in February of 2019  ;D So over a year ago. This is todays progress. All three cockpit floors and piping, control wires etc. are done.

RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:24:40 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2020, 12:42:50 PM »
OK, so you have access to Star Trek replicator technology. Why did you stop at three?

Great work Rick and not a drop of oil leakage from all those tanks and pipes. Very clean assemblies.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
OK, so you have access to Star Trek replicator technology. Why did you stop at three?

Great work Rick and not a drop of oil leakage from all those tanks and pipes. Very clean assemblies.
sp

;D

Thanks SP. The hardest part is coming up, making three of the filler pipes hat go up through the fuselage  :o I will also need to add the hammer and do a little weathering.
RAGIII

Bughunter

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2020, 07:19:06 AM »
Nice work on cockpit parts and I like, that you do slight differences between those individuals.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2020, 08:20:22 AM »
Nice work on cockpit parts and I like, that you do slight differences between those individuals.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank. As for the "Slight differences" one is going to be SPAD built, One Bleriot, and one Kelner. Thats My Story and I am sticking to it  8)
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2020, 01:54:46 AM »
It's a good story Rick , I believe it ! Excellent progress on the 3 pits , like Frank the slight variations in the tones is very pleasing , well done  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2020, 05:21:06 AM »
It's a good story Rick , I believe it ! Excellent progress on the 3 pits , like Frank the slight variations in the tones is very pleasing , well done  :)

Terri

Thanks Terri! I actually have gone back and taken out a couple of the bends in the piping on two of the pit floors. I also started sanding the left fuselage panel off of the third XIII. I decided to go with the conversion to an early model  8)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2020, 07:46:22 AM »
Most probably won't see the changes but after looking at more photos and Richards build I went back and corrected some of the piping angles on all three floors.( Still not perfect but better to My Eye)  I also added the basic hammer, ( still need to add brackets and maybe tone down the head). I have decided to go forward with doing a Guynemer version of  SPAD XIII so I sanded off the panel on the left fuselage. The total work doesn't look like much but it took up several hours today  8)
RAGIII

PS: I also added an instrument face to the location in front of the rectangular box.
PPS: I like the shape of the Roden SPAD VII seat so having a couple to spare I decided to use them. My SPAD VII kits will be using a seat patterned off of the Eduard PE set.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:55:09 AM by RAGIII »

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
What an efficient little factory you have producing such lovely aircraft! Great progress, Rick.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline smperry

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »
Very nice Rick. Are those oil tanks kit parts or scratched? That is a first rate job of sanding away the metal panel. So easy to make a mess of it and you pulled it off perfectly.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2020, 08:05:47 AM »
What an efficient little factory you have producing such lovely aircraft! Great progress, Rick.

Thanks Przemo!
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2020, 08:18:39 AM »
Very nice Rick. Are those oil tanks kit parts or scratched? That is a first rate job of sanding away the metal panel. So easy to make a mess of it and you pulled it off perfectly.
sp

Thanks. The oil tanks are kit parts. I had to move the location of the pipes and so forth. Thanks also about the sanding. Still a bit to clean up but I am happy so far!
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
It is all looking very good from where I am sitting Rick. At your rate of production they could have made use of your talents in 1918!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2020, 08:53:45 AM »
It is all looking very good from where I am sitting Rick. At your rate of production they could have made use of your talents in 1918!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. I don't think they had Super Glue in 1918  ::)
RAGIII