Author Topic: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke  (Read 87806 times)

Offline Radarman

Re: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2020, 01:11:51 PM »
RAGIII,
Looks like this will be another great one. Along with
the others two you continue to impress.
                                                          Kevin

We are all victims of history!

Offline RichieW

« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
Another highly productive day done Rick. You really are showing us how to crack on and get things done. This is definitely an example I need to follow you in! :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2020, 10:21:58 PM »
RAGIII,
Looks like this will be another great one. Along with
the others two you continue to impress.
                                                          Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Today's Mission is cutting holes in the Early Model cowling. After that all should be ready for paint....I Hope  ::)
RAGIII

Another highly productive day done Rick. You really are showing us how to crack on and get things done. This is definitely an example I need to follow you in! :)

Thanks Richie. As long as you work at a pace you are enjoying you are going fast enough  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline FAf

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2020, 01:30:50 AM »
Good work! Building in parallel makes sense, but are you planning on painting in parallel as well? I've found that when I've been building several kits at the same time, I've had to go back to one at the time when I started the painting and finishing process.
/Fredrik

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2020, 05:08:12 AM »
That's better Rick: I can cope with one model at a time. All this double and triple vision is making my eyes (and brain) hurt!

The ribs look fine to me - making new ones on such small tips cannot be easy but I think that you have cracked it. It looks to me as though that was a right fiddly job too - better out of the way.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2020, 07:18:31 AM »
Good work! Building in parallel makes sense, but are you planning on painting in parallel as well? I've found that when I've been building several kits at the same time, I've had to go back to one at the time when I started the painting and finishing process.
/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! As for painting two will be painted at the same time as they share the same colors, if not the same pattern( One being Bleriot built and one Kelner). The third will require separate treatment as it is an early model from the "Yellow" period  8)
RAGIII

That's better Rick: I can cope with one model at a time. All this double and triple vision is making my eyes (and brain) hurt!

The ribs look fine to me - making new ones on such small tips cannot be easy but I think that you have cracked it. It looks to me as though that was a right fiddly job too - better out of the way.

Thanks Stephen. Time for Triple vision as todays session went as planned. All three are at the same stage with just a bit to touch up before painting.  I added the cooling openings to the cowl of the Guynemer bird. Far from perfect but to get it exact would have required removing the shutters and screen area and scratch building replacements. As a Matter of fact in actuality the cowling itself "should have " been replaced as it represents the two piece version with rolled opening.... I really didn't want to go that far! Lazy perhaps but it is My Model  ::)
RAGIII

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2020, 07:45:53 AM »
That's some feat of coordination Rick!  I can barely keep track of one model. :o  Looing really nice.  Good luck in the paintshop.  3x there must be a real challenge. 

Best,

Bob

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2020, 08:20:41 AM »
That's some feat of coordination Rick!  I can barely keep track of one model. :o  Looing really nice.  Good luck in the paintshop.  3x there must be a real challenge. 

Best,

Bob

Thanks Bob, I am getting close to My Happy Place of Painting!
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2020, 03:15:22 AM »
Oh dear I am confused again.... but not so confused that I cannot see three good models in the making. I doubt whether most observers would know about the finer points of Guynemer's aircraft cowling. I for one would not. What matters most to me is the overall quality of the uild and painting - something you excell at regularly Rick.

Stephen.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2020, 03:20:11 AM »
I doubt whether most observers would know about the finer points of Guynemer's aircraft cowling.

Point of order - he had several

Aeroplanes, not cowls. Although he did have several cowls too, at least one per aeroplane

I'll shut up now...

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10:08 AM »
Oh dear I am confused again.... but not so confused that I cannot see three good models in the making. I doubt whether most observers would know about the finer points of Guynemer's aircraft cowling. I for one would not. What matters most to me is the overall quality of the uild and painting - something you excell at regularly Rick.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, greatly appreciated!
RAGIII

I doubt whether most observers would know about the finer points of Guynemer's aircraft cowling.

Point of order - he had several

Aeroplanes, not cowls. Although he did have several cowls too, at least one per aeroplane

I'll shut up now...

Richard

:D Yes he had Many SPADS but only One XIII, S504 !
RAGIII

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10:34 AM »
Damn!
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2020, 07:27:40 AM »
Damn!

8) ;D

So, I am ready to paint now. On the two camo versions. I am looking at the Mysterious "Ecru"underside  color. WNW suggests a mix of Deck Tan and white. OK that is fine but.... The Kelner factory drawing lists it as light blue grey! So All Opinions will be considered. Let Me know Your thoughts!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:42:26 AM by RAGIII »

Offline RichieW

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2020, 07:31:15 AM »
Excellent as always Rick, really looking forward to seeing some colour on these now. The machine is going along very smoothly!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2020, 11:48:28 AM »
Excellent as always Rick, really looking forward to seeing some colour on these now. The machine is going along very smoothly!

Thanks Richie. I hope No One comes up with a definitive answer to my question as I have Moved forward on My own  8) I used a Mix of Valejo Deck Tan, Light Blue Grey, and White for the Ecru. It is actually hard to tell in persons if the color is a light beige-ish grey or a greyish blue with a hint of beige, or just a light Deck Tan  8)
RAGIII