Author Topic: Hanriot HD2 floatplane Eduard 1/48  (Read 10984 times)

Offline huberlu

Re: Hanriot HD2 floatplane Eduard 1/48
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
Thank you!

Hi!

The floats are almost finished.

I hesitate to redo the fuselage stop which is completely round on my kit while it is probably faceted ...

I made a test which asks to remove all the part behind the headrest.

If you have suggestions before I practice a hazardous amputation I am interested ...

A +

Hub.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2020, 11:11:38 PM »
I am not a scratch builder but wonder if you could sand it down a bit then use scored 5 thou. card to cover it?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline huberlu

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 08:09:21 AM »
Thank you !

Hello !

Before cutting the back I took a loan with a pencil and tape and I made a back.
On the back of the room I made grooves in the evergreen plastic with the back of a blade. Then we fold.

Left 1st try, plastic too thin. Right, second try with 0.2mm.
More rigid is better but at the first drop of glue grooves have melted and the glue has dispersed on the surface.

4th test (the third has disappeared on the workbench ...). As the folding does not allow it to keep its shape, I taped it on a conical tool handle and passed to boiling water to give it the right shape. It's better.
The circular arc piece is glued to the front to give it its shape.

I proceeded to amputation, leaving the front of L’aręte to put a metal piece on it. The plastic part will be slid underneath.

The transplant remains to be successful ...
Seen from above we can see that the sides of the ridge (in contact with the fuselage) are rounded. I have not yet figured out how to make them straight.
I tried to stick a trapezoid "cover" on the inside but it didn't hold. The ciano is not effective, and the other adhesives damage the room.

finally I fixed two guides in dymo tape to serve as guides and support the sides of the piece above.
The part therefore enters "forcefully" between the guides.
Before placing it I filled it with epoxy glue so that it flows inside and sticks the piece to the fuselage. I also put some along the zone to stick not believing too much in my idea of ​​"dripping".

At the same time I hope that by hardening it maintains a little the shape of the part.

Obviously I kept everything in place by hand for 15 minutes while praying.

It almost worked ...

The bonding was not done everywhere and I started to stick to the superglue.

I have the right side to fix.

... and putty everything.

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:17:26 AM by huberlu »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »
Well it turned out to be more complicated than I thought but you seem to have it well in Hand! Excellent work!!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 10:45:08 AM »
Challenging to say the least , but you seem to have beaten that challenge , that looks really good so far and should blend in wonderful . Looking forward to the finally results  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline huberlu

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2020, 07:26:54 AM »
Thank you!

I still haven't finished chewing ...

The plate that covers the back is being manufactured:

The form is taken with transparent tape.

The plate is cut from a plate of edible aluminum (connoisseurs will no doubt recognize a pie dish here). The aluminum is smoothed with the handle of a brush on a glass plate and sanded with 1000 paper so that there are no scratches or marks in it.

The leather protection around the entrance of the passenger compartment has been sanded in the area in contact with the dorsal edge to avoid having to make a rounding in the aluminum (and because it is like that in real life also by chance).

I will do it again later.

Eduard seems to have been inspired by this plane to engrave the top of the fuselage (blue arrow).

But for the moment I can't find any image with this small riveted plate which is perhaps only a contemporary reinforcement and that's good! ... because it will be easier.

I'm going to drill the hole to fill up ...

Regards

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2020, 10:59:26 AM »
The plate looks awesome! Terrific work!
RAGIII

Offline huberlu

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »
Thank you!

I think I made a mistake.

Does anyone see my plate behind the cockpit?

Eduard puts one, WIndsock also in his plans.

According to windsock, there is a US version which has no plate. Finally, this is what has been noted and drawn in the plans of the book ...

Has French aviation used this version ???

I have so few photos ...

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:32:53 PM by huberlu »

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2020, 12:00:11 AM »
Clearly there are variations between planes.  If you are depicting a particular one, photos of it are very valuable.  If no photos, I think replicating a similar plane is the best bet.  Who could prove you are wrong?
No plating there implies there is no tank behind the pilot's head, as there is on other Hanriots.

Offline huberlu

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2020, 12:46:08 AM »
Hello Ken,

You're right but here, none seems to wear a plate ...

Regards.

Offline huberlu

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2020, 08:35:39 AM »
Hi,

After many hesitations this is the goal:

In red it will disappear.
In green to engrave.
In blue probably in aluminum tape.
Plus rivets, nails etc.

One of our colleagues suggests that the tank behind the pilot could have been removed to maintain the aircraft's center of gravity in the right place when it has been fitted with large floats.
He made a scratch in 1/32 to see here: shock::

https: //forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php? / topic / 81122-hanriot-hd2-scratchbuild /

I redid my back, longer.

And I removed the protection that I had put to protect the opening ... the top melted, the front was deformed.
It was just a piece of plastic and tamiya tape. I had put a Surfacer veil on the front of the fuselage. He may have attacked very fine plastic.

After an evening of work, a night of reflection and full of Evergreen and tests. I try a transplant starting with the deepest and going up to the surface. Three layers of plastic.
The hole above and the wall are consolidated from the inside with Super Glue.

Re-cut hole and grafted part:

To putty.

Regards.

Offline huberlu

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 05:46:58 PM »
Thank you!

The missing slot in the hood is drilled and sanded with a file. It is missing either on the HD1 or the HD2. Please note it is not always centered. Its position depends on the model.
The angle between the two pieces of scotch tape: 55 ° ...
The slit may be a little thin yet?

The rear part of the slots was glued, puttyed and sanded.

Clerget 9B / Z 130 / 110hp (Small Stuff):

approx. 110 pieces ...

Note if you mount these engines, take the time to observe them with a magnifying glass so as not to break the small parts which are molded on the cylinders for example. What I did not do, of course.
I broke half of the small hooks which are at the top of the cylinders. There are two per cylinder, I often only have one.
Fortunately this should not be seen.

It remains to be checked whether, once fully assembled, it will fit under the hood.

Regards.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
Your repair to the access panel, cowling, and engine all look superb! Well done!
RAGIII

Online FAf

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
One of all the good things there are about plastic modelling is that it's not just about the end result, it's about the road travelled as well! So apart from you eventually being really happy with the end result (fingers crossed), you can also look forward to being really happy with the great saves you have performed during the build! Inspiring! /F

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2020, 02:05:59 AM »
Progress continues to be excellent , love the cowl  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .