Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435540 times)

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2610 on: September 02, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »
Just a friendly reminder ( following the removal of a now-deleted post) to everyone to keep it all nice and friendly in the developing debate of Wingnuts and Copper State Models both developing the same kit subject.

I am mindful of the way things went wildly off the rails last year when Wingnuts announced their 1/32 Lancasters. Some ridiculous accusations flew about the ether and we cannot - will not- allow the same situation to happen again now.

Wingnut Wings and Copper State Models are both highly regarded and highly respected model kit manufacturers and both deliver quality products to us, and I for one am very grateful for that. Ours is a tiny niche within the modelling hobby and the policy of this Forum is to support all manufacturers who produce models and accessories for us.

A vigorous discussion about the competing models is welcome but please keep it civil.

Wild accusations and speculation about business motivations will not be tolerated and any such posts will be immediately deleted.

Dave Wilson
Forum Owner & Administrator

Well put, my friend.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Jeff K

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2611 on: September 02, 2019, 02:16:15 AM »
it's also worth noting that the teasers came at almost exactly the same time. no way either could have slapped together renders in a hurry upon finding out the other's intentions.

it's highly unlikely that it's anything other than a coincidence resulting from both manufacturers keeping their cards close.

regarding the DR.1, not only was everyone begging for one, but Roden stopped issuing new WWI kits a long time ago. the mere existence of WNW must have scared 'em off.

this is a unique situation with this pair of star strutters, because it's highly likely neither kit will be clearly superior to the other.

slightly disappointing though. i want a star strutter for sure but two A-H subjects at the same time would've had me over the moon.

i think "an OEFFAG D.III, an HB C.I, and a Lohner M, please" will be my "and Carthage must be destroyed."

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2612 on: September 02, 2019, 10:59:03 PM »
I would think if WNW was locking horns with CSM Nieuports would be the "marketable" choice. I have always seen WNW as producing what they LIKE as opposed to guaranteed  "best sellers." I suspect both HB's will be exceptional.

Steve

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2613 on: September 03, 2019, 01:34:32 AM »
I would think if WNW was locking horns with CSM Nieuports would be the "marketable" choice. I have always seen WNW as producing what they LIKE as opposed to guaranteed  "best sellers." I suspect both HB's will be exceptional.

Steve
agreed. star strutters are not the ideal battle ground.  i do think WNW are more open to guaranteed "best sellers" than before though, they're developing Dreideckers.

Offline Monty

« Reply #2614 on: September 06, 2019, 02:32:10 AM »
OK, so who, like me, are going to get one of each manufacturers and build them together? So many different aces and pilots flew these with unusual markings, so it shouldn't be boring! Group build anyone? We should be celebrating... I still can't get over the absolutely incredible coincidence though... It's the only way to explain it...
Regards,
Marc

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #2615 on: September 06, 2019, 01:34:05 PM »
That’s a great idea :)
I think it was a case of CSM making an early announcement and WNW already had it planned. Could happen again.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2616 on: September 06, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
i don't think either announcement was 'early', the renders look very far along for both.

what's this then?

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3207

they're busy up in there. any guesses as to what it'll be? given the number, 32075, i'm guessing a Comic Camel. 

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2617 on: September 06, 2019, 07:32:17 PM »
i don't think either announcement was 'early', the renders look very far along for both.

what's this then?

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3207

they're busy up in there. any guesses as to what it'll be? given the number, 32075, i'm guessing a Comic Camel.

Most probably a Camel - seeing the manufacturer numbers sequence. Something French would be an enormous surprise.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2618 on: September 06, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
engine's a le Rhone so i'd bet a comic Camel.

Offline drdave

« Reply #2619 on: September 06, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
Dh5, Hanriot or 1.5 Strutter?

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #2620 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:16 PM »
I’d be up for a Comic or Hanriot. Could it be another Ships Camel? It’s gotta be a Sopwith of some sort surely? Sopwith Baby?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:06:44 PM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2621 on: September 06, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
for the folks who like the idea of a comic camel.. .

hope i didn't jinx you. i have guessed correctly exactly zero times so far.

Online Gene K

« Reply #2622 on: September 06, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »
hope i didn't jinx you. i have guessed correctly exactly zero times so far.

Please don't guess Hanriot.

Thanks,

Gene K

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2623 on: September 07, 2019, 12:00:56 AM »
   I've been considering a Comic conversion project for some time and came very close to starting to chop plastic on a Clerget Kit last week. I'm glad I decided to go with a Halberstadt Build in lieu, maybe a small delay is prudent after all ......... Jeff's odds are increasing with every wrong guess! :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #2624 on: September 07, 2019, 01:53:38 AM »
engine's a le Rhone so i'd bet a comic Camel.
Comic Camel? I can't stop laughing...
Honor Necessity