Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6  (Read 58897 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
Awesome!  Yeah, we've gotta finish these dual builds before diving into the GB, don't we, Amigo.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Snowy

« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »
That looks terrific Rick.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2014, 11:24:52 AM »
Hello Rick:

Looking good my friend.  I found the rigging of the tail feathers to be exceedingly tiresome for some reason.  Your results are sterling.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
Snipe looking sharp Rick!

Offline radio

« Reply #289 on: July 22, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
Rick it is an extremly good build.
Wait for your Albatros.
Martin

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2014, 10:14:21 PM »
Excellent work Rick, the colour looks really good.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Vickers

« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:09 AM »
Had a jaunt through your album, Rick.  Your Snipe and Albatros both look marvelous, great schemes on both- the Snipe certainly looks the business in the overall green without multi-colored panels or cowling. Splendid work on both!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
Awesome!  Yeah, we've gotta finish these dual builds before diving into the GB, don't we, Amigo.
Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Bud,Yes, I must finish the Snipe and Albie first before I start on the Vac DVII...... Perhaps I can stretch this out further  8)
RAGIII

That looks terrific Rick.

Thanks for the comment Snowy, It is appreciated!
RAGIII

Hello Rick:

Looking good my friend.  I found the rigging of the tail feathers to be exceedingly tiresome for some reason.  Your results are sterling.

Best

Mark

Thanks Mark! I actually ended up using sprue for everything but the Bracing wires on the tail  ::)
RAGIII

Snipe looking sharp Rick!

Thanks for dropping in Bo, I appreciate the comment.
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
Rick it is an extremly good build.
Wait for your Albatros.
Martin

Thanks Martin. As always I appreciate your encouragement. I have a short vacation coming up starting Saturday and as long as SWMBO doesn't throw too much my way I plan on finishing both!
RAGIII

Excellent work Rick, the colour looks really good.

Des.

Thanks Des, I like the color as it seems to change in different lighting from brownish green to chocolate  :P
RAGIII

Had a jaunt through your album, Rick.  Your Snipe and Albatros both look marvelous, great schemes on both- the Snipe certainly looks the business in the overall green without multi-colored panels or cowling. Splendid work on both!

Thanks for checking out the builds! I chose to do "MY" interpretation of a possible War Scheme vs Post war. Having seen lots of photos of 43 sq. birds with just the panel behind the cockpit left grey I went with that vs. all of the grey as it would have been delivered.
RAGIII

Offline BigBlue

« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2014, 03:06:28 AM »
Both aircraft look fantastic, Rick.  I don't think I could manage to keep track of two builds at once, let produce the results you have.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2014, 04:14:09 AM »
Super work Rick. Your models are really first class and to produce two together beats me too. I have enough problems concentrating on one! I am very impressed by the finish on the Snipe - not an aircraft that I know well, but yours has made me want to find out more. The Albatros is also nothing less than very impressive - colourful scheme too.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
   They are both "top drawer" Rick. If I had the 'Huge Ugly Vac" waiting for me I'd go back and add even more detail to these two beauties! With your penchant for producing winners I'm sure you'll roll right into the Group Build DVII seamlessly. Looking forward to seeing the "final-final" photos before you call this impressive Build complete. 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
Both aircraft look fantastic, Rick.  I don't think I could manage to keep track of two builds at once, let produce the results you have.

Having seen your Snipe I certainly appreciate the Kind Comments! Building 2 is not that hard, just takes twice as long as I feared in the beginning  ::)
RAGIII

Super work Rick. Your models are really first class and to produce two together beats me too. I have enough problems concentrating on one! I am very impressed by the finish on the Snipe - not an aircraft that I know well, but yours has made me want to find out more. The Albatros is also nothing less than very impressive - colourful scheme too.

Thanks LM! I do appreciate your comments and following of my builds!
RAGIII

They are both "top drawer" Rick. If I had the 'Huge Ugly Vac" waiting for me I'd go back and add even more detail to these two beauties! With your penchant for producing winners I'm sure you'll roll right into the Group Build DVII seamlessly. Looking forward to seeing the "final-final" photos before you call this impressive Build complete. 8)
Cheers,
Lance

I appreciate the comments Lance! Yes looking at that Huge Ugly Vac does kinda make me want to NOT FINISH these two  :-X
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »
The snipe is virtually finished. All of the rigging is done and just the touch up and final flat and satin finishes to go. Now about that Albatros.....
RAGIII

PS: Noticed a loose wire in the photo (Landing gear) That has been repaired.

Offline ww1buff

« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2014, 01:41:47 AM »
Beautiful Snipe, RAGIII.  I'm working on the late version now, but it won't come close to the way yours looks.  Nice job!

Joe