Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6  (Read 58895 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
As always Rick, a treat to behold!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline TomR1981

« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2014, 04:46:45 AM »
Rick, as others have said, the rigging looks great. What did you use? It looks like the streamlined rafwire.

Tom

Offline mgunns

« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2014, 04:52:04 AM »
Hello Rick:

Another outstanding bit of work from your bench.  It was fun following this build and getting your thoughts about color schemes etc.  You did a great job on this one Rick, following  yours and the other Snipe builds motivated me to persevere.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online RAGIII

« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »
Rick, I must apologise for somehow missing such a lot of your build. :-[ I am really
gob-smacked with your models!  First the Alby...it is an absolute stunner.  Your
woodgrain is amazing and what a lovely job of the lozenge and decals.
  As for the Snipe, as far as I am concerned, it is awfully close to perfection!  The colour
scheme is really attractive, the PC-12 very well done.  Your attention to detail is
terrific. Well done on the rigging...just great. :D
 If I can even come close to the excellence of your builds, my friend, I will be some pleased.

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Ernie,
First thank you for the very overgenerous comments! Second, you and I are already in the same class. Your builds are every bit as good as mine, better in some ways, you use TURNBUCKLES  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online RAGIII

« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
Hi Rick,

I was going to forgo buying the Snipe, but after seeing your build I've reconsidered. Excellent work my friend!

Mark

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the comment and any inspiration I have given you means I am doing my part in the community!

I also want to thank All of the rest of you for your very kind comments! I greatly appreciate each and every one!
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »
I like your choice for PC10 - in sure it's probably buried in the thread somewhere, but what is it?

My formula for this build was Gunze RLM 71 as a base, then adding drops of Gunze red until I reached a brown I liked. ANY green will work just test often as I usually add too much taking it to a red/brown look. I mixed a second batch with less red and sprayed the fuselage and did some subtle overspraying in other areas to give a little less red brown look. One other thing, I tend to get my PC10 to the "Dark Chocolate" end of the spectrum. I think adding a touch of white or a very light grey might help lighten the look.
IHTH,
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
Rick, as others have said, the rigging looks great. What did you use? It looks like the streamlined rafwire.

Tom

Tom,
Nothing fancy or streamlined. Just good old Monofilament fishing line run all of the way through the wings for structural strength.
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2014, 11:34:45 AM »
Rick, this looks superb. I had a chance to buy the early Snipe a couple of days ago and chose instead the DV. Seeing your beautiful work makes me wonder now if I've just made a big mistake!

Best wishes
Nigel

Nigel,
One never goes wrong with an Albatros  :D Just put the Snipe down as a future purchase because of the kits I have built this one is the best engineered of the lot!
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
Man, is she ever lookin' good, Rick!  Beautifully rigged and painted.  Like Mark, you've got me itchin' to build one myself.
Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Amigo, Any time I can Inspire you I feel really good!
RAGIII

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2014, 05:07:45 AM »
Rick,

Your getting ever closer to the finishing line now and this is really the looking the part - looking forward to seeing the end result.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Online RAGIII

« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Rick,

Your getting ever closer to the finishing line now and this is really the looking the part - looking forward to seeing the end result.

Regards

Dave
Thanks Dave. I am planning on finishing the rigging in the next two days. Then the Albatros......
RAGIII

Offline jknaus

« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2014, 01:12:34 AM »
Looks gorgeous.
James

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2014, 03:36:53 AM »
Hello Rick,

As you know I was absent for awhile. I was so glad to see your two beauties again. The Snipe is fabulous, colors are top and your rigging is stunning. Well done my friend. I take my hat off for your modeling abilities. Well done!

Kind regards
Patrick

Online RAGIII

« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2014, 07:52:28 AM »
Looks gorgeous.
James

Hello Rick,

As you know I was absent for awhile. I was so glad to see your two beauties again. The Snipe is fabulous, colors are top and your rigging is stunning. Well done my friend. I take my hat off for your modeling abilities. Well done!

Kind regards
Patrick

Thanks Guys I do appreciate your comments! Patrick good to have you posting again! I certainly Missed your input!!
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »
The rigging only lacks painting the control horns and adding the lower aileron controls and the wires between upper and lower ailerons. Then the touch up and final weathering.
RAGIII

Not real happy with the second photo but it does show a little more. The colors are a little darker than real life,especially the PC whatever  8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:55:07 AM by RAGIII »