Author Topic: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale  (Read 4934 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale
« on: November 30, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »
    Here's my latest Build, the Wingnut Wings LVG C.VI from the Duelist Set released a year ago. It's finished in Scheme A from the original release, an aircraft from an unknown Unit on the Western Front in 1917-18. The Kit was further detailed with Aviattic Lozenge, a hand laminated and carved wood prop, turnbuckles from GasPatch and Bob's Buckles, HGW Seat Belts, Aeroclub Instrument bezels, and some scratch Built parts as well. The full Build Log may be found at:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9771.0

......... and some detail shots:

Although I had a few difficulties with the Kit they were admittedly self inflicted as is always the case (in my own experience) with Wingnut Kits. Having said that I enjoyed the Build and am pleased with the way the model turned out. I missed this Kit when it was first released in the original four and was very pleased when it was re-released as part of a Duelist packaging. It certainly came at a far better price then what the on-line scalpers were demanding!

I hope you enjoy checking it out.
Cheers,
Lance

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:44:46 AM by lcarroll »

Offline Ryan

Re: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »
Lance I like your wood grain on the fuse.

Still deciding on what scheme to do on my Baron build, but there is one with exposed grain...I may give that a shot similar to what you have done here.

Ryan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:01:15 PM by Ryan »
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Dekenba1

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:13:02 AM »
Beautifully done, really stunning.

The wood looks incredible, and you've managed to get the rigging absolutely spot on. Many a time misaligned turnbuckles spoil an otherwise great build, but yours look perfectly in line.

It's good that the engine is so exposed, because it shows off the work you've put in to improve it. And that exhaust looks metal - is it a Rexx exhaust, or have you transformed the plastic part?

The gun looks very good. If I was being very, very picky indeed, I would perhaps look to differentiate the bullet feed, where the bullets and the fabric could maybe do with a little paint work to seperate them a little more? Not that there's anything wrong with how it looks at all, I just can't find anything else in the build that's not utterly perfect!

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to your next build, I love learning from builders on here, just so much skill on show.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »
It was never in doubt Lance - another stunner from a true artist - congratulations,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:57:08 AM »
A great build log as always Lance. The results are Stunning as always! Beautiful detailing, painting, rigging and weathering! The prop is gorgeous!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
Gents,
   You are too kind, thanks for the truly wonderful comments.
Dekenba,
    The exhaust is Alclad II Exhaust manifold with some very very light dry brushing of copper and flat black here and there. I agree with your observation, the exposed cartridge belt does need a little help, I think I'll try some dark brown wash to break it up a little.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »
Must impressive Lance !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline mgunns

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
Knowing the travails that you experienced with this kit, your comments are too kind, the model turned out to be another masterpiece.  I especially like the "varnished" look of the lozenge.  Very nicely done.  The rigging is top notch and who would guess that there is a "redo" on one of the areas?  Not me!  Also noteworthy is the scarf ring.  I like the way you did that, adds to the model.  Sadly, all the effort you put into the interior to correct the errors is not readily noticeable, but we know it's there.   ;)  Outstanding Lance.  Can't add much more.  Oh wait!  The wood tone is nicely done.  I can't seem to get that nice warm "Honey" effect that you achieved with this model.  I also noticed the lack of "droop" in the wings.  You nailed the dihedral.  A solid Bravo Zulu!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »
Thanks much Terri, and you as well Mark, as you know this was my first serious attempt at the lighter wood tone. I got lucky and like the way it turned out, I hope to do the same on a future Albatros Build.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
Your best yet Lance!

Absolutely nailed it.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »
A very very nice LVG, Lance. Many fine touches and the overall look make it surely stand out. Sincere congratulations.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 12:08:06 AM »
Another piece of art from a modeling master!
Lance this model is beautiful... the wood grain is really stunning, congrats!

Antonio

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 01:58:20 AM »
Guy, Prze, and Antonio,
     Thanks for looking in and particularly for your most valued and appreciated comments!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 02:28:38 AM »
She's truly magnificent, Lance!  Everything from the wash on the lozenge, to the beautiful woodgrain tones, to that brilliant prop is first class all the way.  As Guy said, this is you best yet!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Borsos

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 04:24:45 AM »
Very very nice, really an outstanding model. Although I see the AEG as your Opus Magnum.
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.