Author Topic: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale  (Read 4942 times)

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 04:51:41 AM »
Congrats Lance on a mini-masterpiece, your log was inspirational.  Looking forward to your next artwork.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 06:42:44 AM »
Bud, Andreas and Juan,
     I have to say I'm flattered and somewhat humbled by comments such as yours. When I think back to the very high standards you all achieve and also include the many others who commented before you I am literally blown away! Thanks for taking the time to look and for your endorsements and encouragement. :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
She's beautiful, and I join the enthusiastic comments on woodgrain: it catches the plywood look perfectly.
Congratulations and many thanks for the graet build log.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 08:45:53 AM »
Just like to add my  congratulations Lance,I'd be proud to put a model half that good in my cabinet.I find your plywood simulation outstanding,as someone who works with the real thing on boats from time to time I think you have it perfectly in scale.I also assumed that was a Rexx exhaust,and that is a lovely prop by the way-I wish I had the patience to learn how to make my own!
Cheers,
Dave.                             

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 09:06:56 AM »
Lance,
 You can add me to the many admirers.  ;)
Well done!!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
Great model Lance. I, for whatever reason, missed the build log so I'm going back over it now!! My son is playing Midget AAA an hour away for the home rink and 2 plus for away games. My bench time went from zero to.....I cant do the math....

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
Thank you all, you are far too kind!
 Steve, I feel for you and know of what you speak regarding Minor Hockey. I went through a couple of years with my three boys playing at three different levels/Leagues and at the same time was Coaching the local Bantam Rep. Team. Ask me how much leisure time I had?? NOT!
Cheers,
Lance

Bughunter

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 06:38:28 AM »
Was not home at weekend, coming back and found your LVG already transformed from construction to completed.
To see the final pictures is great fun! It seems to be a big model, because it was to big to get it complete on one picture 8) Anyway, with such sectional pictures we can enjoy the details much more!
One very nice thing is, that this model show your "personal touch", your "handwriting", even if some aftermarket stuff (e.g. lozenge) was used. This is something I miss often on WNW models on exhibitions. The kits and addition are so perfect, that some models are looking very common and I cannot detect the style of the modeler. Your model is nice, perfect, faithful and still show your style.

I find only one detail with room of improvement - the windmill on top of the airspeed indicator. Gaspactch has one in 1/32 (and 1/48 - this one I build, this was the most impressive resin part I ever used). But I would not change it on the final model (may be the aftermarket is also not correct for your LVG).

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 10:55:35 AM »
Thank you Frank, I value your comments. I actually have a couple of Gas Patch ASI's and I really like their products. It seemed out of scale, at least for this Build (too big) so I stayed with the Kit version.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 02:55:43 AM »
I am back for two days and have just dropped by for a few minutes so this is short. Sorry but I do not have time to do justice to this model - outstanding and brilliant will have to suffice as the summary of my comment. Absolutely stunning Lance - and I agree with Franks comments too.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 05:52:24 AM »
Many Thanks Stephen, and very much appreciated! I hope your travels have been productive and the schedule slows down for you a bit!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »
Very convincing build, Lance! I love the way the lozenge looks on this bird. You have really done a great job. Now, what is coming up next? I am curious.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 02:11:49 AM »
    Thanks Manni. I'm actually taking a break from my focus on WW.1 Aircraft over the Christmas Holidays, I'll post up a brief thread in the appropriate section shortly. ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 03:08:15 PM »
Lance,

That really looks great.  Nicely done!

Paul

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 01:17:30 AM »
Thanks for looking and for your kind comment Paul, much appreciated! 8)
Cheers,
Lance