Author Topic: Wingnuts Halberstadts  (Read 4744 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: Wingnuts Halberstadts
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »
Now the sprue shots are posted on the WNW website we can see that the plastic parts for both kits are identical apart from sprue F in one kit and sprue G in the other. Sprue F only contains a very few parts and, while welcoming the releases wholeheartedly, they could maybe have just included both sprues in one kit. The second decal sheet could have been available as a separate option.
Don't mean to look a gift (?) horse in the mouth, but I still wish we'd been offered a Cl IV as the second release.
I'll still buy one, maybe two!
S

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »
They have certainly upped their game on the lozenge fabric decals!

Bughunter

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 05:22:28 AM »
Oh, I like the fact, that WNW is doing a Halberstadt Cl.II, even if I'm doing on,y 1/48. But I like to see the WNW manuals etc for colors and information to do my models as best as possible.
And a Cl.II is part of my pile of kits ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
They have certainly upped their game on the lozenge fabric decals!

Yes, I noticed that, it seems the cartoon like lozenge has taken on a much more realistic hue? That’s great news for us. Perhaps less so for the aftermarket companies...

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 05:39:12 PM »
Now the sprue shots are posted on the WNW website we can see that the plastic parts for both kits are identical apart from sprue F in one kit and sprue G in the other. Sprue F only contains a very few parts and, while welcoming the releases wholeheartedly, they could maybe have just included both sprues in one kit. The second decal sheet could have been available as a separate option.
Don't mean to look a gift (?) horse in the mouth, but I still wish we'd been offered a Cl IV as the second release.
I'll still buy one, maybe two!
S

There are actually quite a few different parts, at least, a lot more than the differences between the Albatros D.V and D.Va... The choice is sometimes a bit strange, though, for example with the DFW C.V Late you get only the late sprue, but if you buy the mid-production version you get both the mid, and late sprue as well (for the floor and control stick).

I do guess you've got to love building Mercedes D.III engines when building German aircraft....  ;D I have to choose between this one and the Copper State Nieuport for my birthday, so I'll let my wife pick and see what she comes up with. :) (when the kids help, probably the Nieuport with the skeleton on it!)

And, kind if hard to figure out from the pictures on the WNW site, did these Halberstadt's have painted lozenges on the top wing center section like the Hannover, or was it a plain colour? I can't see a lozenge decal on the sheet pictures for that, so I assume it wasn't lozenge like the Pfalz D.IIIa?

As for the stippled finish, there are some hints and tips on the AEG G.IV Early, that sometimes apparently also sported this finish with a piece of sponge. Although you do get hexagon decals with that kit for the fuselage, too...

Jeroen
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:18:04 PM by jeroen_R90S »

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:03 AM »
Hannant's in the UK have it up on pre-oreder (expected January 2019) at £128 ($168).

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 03:44:17 AM »
Hannant's in the UK have it up on pre-oreder (expected January 2019) at £128 ($168).

Mike

If that's the price, I will not buy a Halberstadt, but stay with WnW's single-seaters. And for the future I hope that Copper State Models will give us more interesting kits like the Nieuport - and charge more eastern-european standard-prices and not what they could charge for the quality they are delivering..! (That is, prices the like of Wingnut Wings..) 🙂 :)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 04:03:00 AM »
Based on the price listed by HLJ and the price of their Junkers D.I, you can extrapolate a price of about US$129.  Will have to wait for Wingnut Wings to finally put us out of our guessing game.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
Wingnuts have already indicated on this forum the likely price of their Halberstadts.

I asked Wingnuts for clarification on the likely price of the two Halberstadts and the official answer on October 1 was the kits' price will be pretty much in line with Wingnuts' other two seaters.

So somewhere between $US119 and $US 129 seems like the likely price.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com