Author Topic: 1/32 CSM Nieuport XVII PRE-ORDER  (Read 16408 times)

Online Jorgo

Re: 1/32 CSM Nieuport XVII PRE-ORDER
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
Hi Edgar!
Congratulations on these gems! I ordered both of them.

Highest regards
Jörg

Offline Edgar

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
Greetings Jorg, guys, thank you for your support
We worked hard to prepare both versions, even I before this project had no idea about NIe17 differences
For those who have only general info about Nieuport XVII here is a list of differences, just in case

1. Late series received reinforced leading edge with metal mini ribs for both wings, but the early version did not had this feature
2. Early series Nieuport XVII had experimental Alkan synchronized lewis Mg, for Late series Vickers became the main armament after Vickers MG production was set up in France and some pilots still used unsynchronized Lewis over the top wing
3. Early Nieuport still carried Nieuport XVI windshield, as Late Nie had its own flat windscreen
4. Late series were painted in a new Aluminum powder paint, but earlier had good old camo in 2 colours (some experts are sure it`s 4 colours, hard to say who is right or wrong)
5. An early version had square maintenance hatch on the starboard side, but Late ones received hatched on both sides with an egg like shape
6. Top wing cutout on the early version, but late Nieuport did not had this feature in most of the cases
7. The oil tank was installed in the cockpit, together with the fuel tank on early Nieuports, but for Late Nieuport, oil tank was moved on to the firewall to have a space for Vickers ammo rack
8. Cowlings differs, first it was in one peace, but later it was replaced with the two-part cowling

Offline Gene K

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
How is a paypal order placed?

Be aware that CSM requires that you pay a 5% (!) "surcharge)" to use Paypal.

Gene K

Offline Edgar

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »

Gene K
Gene, please...
it was an old statement on our website if you made or will order any product from our website you will notice that you pay what is written under the product picture, that is the price only, plus postage, nothing more

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 12:13:08 AM »

Gene K
Gene, please...
it was an old statement on our website if you made or will order any product from our website you will notice that you pay what is written under the product picture, that is the price only, plus postage, nothing more

True.  I've never been charged for using Paypal.  That was when Eric owned Copper State and Paypal was fairly new.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Ryan

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 12:30:56 AM »
Just pre-ordered mine, thanks Edgar.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Gene K

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 01:33:25 AM »
... the 5% Papypal surcharge] was an old statement on our website if you made or will order any product from our website you will notice that you pay what is written under the product picture, that is the price only, plus postage, nothing more

Great, thanks!

Gene K
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:59:58 AM by Gene K »

Offline Edgar

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:35 AM »

Great, thanks.

But why the implicating "Please"? As a new customer, all I can go by is what is posted on the web site, and I'm glad you corrected it/me.

Gene K

You are right, I will check out the site and will make some corrections, than you)

Offline timpivonka

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »
Just pre-ordered both.  I'm so excited, thing I will build the early version 1st.

Thanks again, Edgar

Tim Pivonka

Offline Ryan

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 03:32:21 AM »
The more we support Edgar with sales the better chances of new releases, well that's the way I see it anyway.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 12:35:05 PM »
Just ordered the Late version. I am so looking forward to this kit ;D Wishing you great success with this kit Edgar and I am hyped as to what you guys will do next.

Thank you for pointing out the differences between the Early and Late models. Like you I had little idea of the differences. I was aware that steps were taken to strengthen the lower wings as it was a major weakness in the design but was unaware of the multitude of other changes as well. One curious thing that I just thought of though if anyone here on the forum can educate me, Did the Russian Dux built Nieuports follow these changes? I only mention this because the Russians seem to have kept the 'greenhouse' centre-section top wing well into production. I was researching the rather unique Russian top wing mounting of un-synchronized Hotchkiss machine guns on some of their Nie17s. These Nieuports seem to have kept the 'greenhouse' wing with what looks like a tube or bag for the spent shells passing through the top wing down into the cockpit.

Apologies if you have answered this question already Edgar, but are you planning a Royal Flying Corps release as well as the Russian/Italian that you mentioned?

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline Edgar

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
Will tell later about Russian built Nieuport
As for other "boxes" RFC is in our plans for sure, some parts are needed for the cockpit, Nie Foster mount e.t.c
Russian, as well, but it could be 2019 or later, not yet for sure about it
Italians will be released as several decals sets, one marking per set) to save your money a bit)

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 11:28:55 PM »
Ordered the late version.
I am looking forward to November.
The Nieuport will fit perfectly with my Morane Saulnier "N" Bullet.

Many thanks to Edgar (Copper State Models) for making available that nice little bird in scale 1/32!

Servus
Bertl

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2018, 04:07:24 AM »
Here's a pretty juicy website for Russian Nieuport stuff...all other IRAS aircraft as well...   https://wio.ru/ww1a.htm

I would avoid this website, everyone.  My virus control on my computer popped up a warning when I attempted to go to the site.  Beware.
Honor Necessity

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2018, 04:24:48 AM »
Oh no...so sorry, Eric...Ok, try www.wio.ru/ww1a.htm ...it's worth it.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde