Author Topic: Wingnuts announces three new models in development  (Read 18950 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: Wingnuts announces three new models in development
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
No need to worry about the wallet...yet  ;D So that being said, Strutter, BE2, AWFK8.RAGIII

I think a 1/32 RAGIII would be a best seller! :)

Offline Edgar

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »
Blackburn Kangaroo for sure ;)

Online Gene K

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
Not likely from WNW, but I'd "vote for" a Hanriot HD.1/HD.2, complete with floats. Actually, that would be a great follow on to the Copper State Nieuport 17 ... Edgar.

Gene K

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2018, 12:51:04 AM »
Not likely from WNW, but I'd "vote for" a Hanriot HD.1/HD.2, complete with floats. Actually, that would be a great follow on to the Copper State Nieuport 17 ... Edgar.

Gene K

I strongly support that idea, Gene! (*HINT, HINT, Edgar..*)

Offline Sosenka

• Fire and Shrapnel
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 03:54:35 AM »
A Sopwith Salamander is welcome. The others? French planes are welcome also.

Bughunter

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 03:59:34 AM »
I don't care - all 3 are in wrong scale  ;D :D 8)

SCNR,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 05:09:17 AM »
I don't care - all 3 are in wrong scale  ;D :D 8)

SCNR,
Frank

Still the wrong scale... You will join in ... everybody does... sooner or later.... Harrrharrrharrrharr!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
Andreas, to build all the 1/48 models in my stash I need to be a cat (because a cat has 7 lives!).
So the probability to switch to 1/32 is very, very low. It is more likely that WNW starts to produce 1/48 kits ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »

...............   Now if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I think the favourite (like most everybody else) would have to be a re-issue of the RE8 with 3 Sqn markings. A somewhat obvious (if uninspired) choice, though welcomed by a lot I would guess. I would love to see the BE2 series get up and running. A Stan Dallas Camouflaged 40 Squadron Hisso SE5a re-issue would be most welcome (if slightly annoying as that is what I got the original SE5 release for ::)) as would a Tripe with his markings as well. I would love to see WNW come right out of left field with the Martinsyde Elephant, while it wasn't that successful an aircraft, but IMHO, it is one of the more elegant looking aircraft of WWI.

I guess one important factor in what WNW release is research. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that was a primary reason that they haven't done certain types was a lack of information. This probably also pertains to markings as well I imagine.

All this being said, I'm sure I'll find whatever they release interesting.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

I still think this is a likely option Dave. As said - going on past history WNW play their cards very close regarding 'new' models. "Something of an Australian nature" leads me to think that that 'nod' will be a re-issue - what it could be remains to be seen but on the scale of it an RE8 would be an extremely popular choice.

That said I don't believe this refers to the new kits 'in development'  - take a look at the numbers. The 'new kit in development' announcement are in the single kit series - 32043, 32044, 32062. (and that doesn't include the Halberstadt (32049)) The Duellists series prefix with an 8 and the new celebrity ones with a 6.

So hopefully, this means what it says - three new aircraft - in development - over coming months :) All will be revealed this weekend. Ah thank goodness we don't have to wait for long then before our anticipation is rewarded.

Tug

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »
I also support Gene's idea.....a Hanriot yes indeed!

Mike

Offline mammut08

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2018, 11:41:58 AM »
Nah, it's just a Dambuster's Lancaster.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:49:00 AM by mammut08 »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 11:55:44 AM »
Nah, it's just a Dambuster's Lancaster.

2 Lancasters. Dambuster and Mki/III. No interest here so My Wallet is very safe at this point unless the 3rd release is something spectacular  >:(
RAGIII

Seems I was wrong. Only one Lanc release. Sorry for the Missinformation!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:30:23 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline petrov27

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »
Wow. That is so colossally disappointing. There already is a 1/32 Lancaster just about to be for sale anyway - it has been in development for years so I would argue that WNW talk of not doing subjects that other companies are doing is total garbage.

Well thankfully CSM has some Nieuports coming out - they will get my $$$ looks like.
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
Wow. That is so colossally disappointing. There already is a 1/32 Lancaster just about to be for sale anyway - it has been in development for years so I would argue that WNW talk of not doing subjects that other companies are doing is total garbage.

Well thankfully CSM has some Nieuports coming out - they will get my $$$ looks like.

Just for the record it has been announced that WNW has had this kit in Development for OVER 8 years! Not that changes my mind about my interest but they were working on it before HK.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline petrov27

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 12:40:13 PM »
Heard that also but its likely that eight years timeframe includes time spent doing research for the planned movies as well. Ah well, hope it doesn't kill HK Model who is releasing their 1/32 kit soon - they don't have a billionaire backing them.

There are so many WW2 subjects already being done by other companies it is disappointing to see a company supposedly only focusing on WW1 move to doing WW2 as well....
-Patrick