Author Topic: Wingnuts announces three new models in development  (Read 18942 times)

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Wingnuts announces three new models in development
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »
Let me dream... Friedrichshafen FF33, Albatros D.III Oeffag and Hansa Brandenburg B.I. All three subjects important for the beginning of Polish aviation in 1918-1920.

As for the Comic Camel, I think that the slot of 32075 is reserved for it, if it ever comes.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online acewwi

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
I think Wingnuts originally planned to issue a Pfalz D.III (with common molds with D.IIIa)

Cheers,
Spyros

Offline Ryan

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »
Just paid off the Richthofen, Hawker, Immelman, and Collishaw releases....my Paypal stands ready to serve once more!
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »
I'll toss in some dreams as well ...Handley Page 0/400 and Avro 504.
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 02:59:01 AM »
So FOUR new kits are forthcoming from WnW as well as Edgar's Nieuport, (which I will need to grab at least two of, probably three)….. I'm in trouble, serious trouble....I can barely make rent as it is and now this flood of highly likely irresistibles?!? Anybody need any house painting done?.....I ain't retired yet.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Monty

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 03:45:24 AM »
Hah! Speculation! I have never been able to predict a WNW release, but I'm truly grateful for every release so far... Just, like everyone else (I'm pretty sure) I wish I had the Time/Money/Space/Enthusiasm/Time to do them all justice! But this time I get no less than three guesses... OK... Bristol Scout - boxing with C and D alternatives... Sopwith 1 and a 1/2 Strutter, French and UK, and Halberstadt DII... Actually, anything would make me happy....

Happy Days!

Marc

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2018, 04:14:50 AM »
I could post up my usual 3 or 4 kits I'm hoping for, but since it's such a short wait I'll just sit and wait what happens! :)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
Feels like a couple of days before Christmas.  Life is good as we anticipate new releases from WNW and CSM.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »
   I wasn't going to join the ranks of the dreamers this time but since it's free ......... a Comic Camel and/or BE.2 would start the New Year off very nicely!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 08:45:37 AM »
These are in Development Models so could be quite a while before we actually see them. No need to worry about the wallet...yet  ;D So that being said, Strutter, BE2, AWFK8.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline petrov27

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »
yeah I would be surprised if these are to be released soon - like maybe end of 2019. For this year I expect the rest of the reboxes with the pilot figure, maybe the Halb for Christmas.

-Patrick

Offline Borsos

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »
The WNW Halberstadt and the CSM Nieuport are more than I would have wished for Christmas so I am happy and wait patiently. I have no idea what comes next from WNW, but the above mentioned Halberstadt D type, Be 2 and Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter would be very welcome -- whenever they will be ready for purchase.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
Looking at their site each box states that it is a new 'model' in development not a new 'kit' (ie reboxing, duellist etc). Does that actually mean what it implies? I hope so.

Now please don't take this as 'crowing' but I wrote this a while back -

Re: Podcast interview with Richard Alexander of Wingnut Wings.
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »

This is how my addled old cells see it

Shizuoka this year - WNW announce new model 'In development' but the Halberstadt, like the Junkers D1 before, is hardly 'in development' as its there in a test shot in all it's early glory. I'd guess that these have been 'In development' for far longer than the inference on either model would have us believe - so, if so - What's really in development I wonder? How long does it take say from the 'let's do this one next' to seeing it actually on a show display as a test shot 'in development'.

Id guess there are two or three, possibly even more, in development in varying stages at one time so if so that could lead to some serious speculation ;D

Like anything else it's an individuals interpretation but knowing how close WNW play their cards to their chest giving away a 'new' aircraft design as "Something with an Aussie flavour by the end of the year" is, I fear, unlikely to be a completely 'new' design

No, I'll plumb for the easy option with the Xmas release to be said Halberstadt and hopefully an RE8 from 3 Squadron to add to the re-issue list - now that will be a good (if expensive) Xmas, Then again I could, and probably am, well and truly off track  ;D

Tug

Looks like for once I wasn't too far off the mark - if so that's three new subjects - as Dave says - let the speculation begin. One thing's for sure - as previously predicted it's going to be one very expensive Christmas with the CSM Nieuport on the horizon too - ah get those wallets ready  ;D

Regards - Tug

If one of the 'new' kits is one with an 'Australian' flavour as Richard Alexander is quoted as saying in the podcast it kind of limits the field doesn't it? Even if it's a reissue we could probably narrow it down if we exclude Aussies that flew with British squadrons and focus on AFC squadrons. They could reissue the SE5a kit as 2 Sqn and 6 Sqn AFC flew the type but they run into the problem of not having the Viper powered option unless they just provide decals for the Roden kit like they did with the recent Richthofen Albatros DV. Along those lines a crazy long shot speculation could be a Viper SE5a release, though not very likely, WNW has already stated that they aren't going to step on Roden's toes anymore than they already have with that one, therefore a Hisso only SE5a reissue is going to have limited options unless they are going for one of the new Aces reissues for Stan Dallas's Camo 40 Sqn bird with a Dallas figure (ooh yeah! ;D) Then there is another possible Aussie aces reissue of the Sopwith Tripe given that the two highest scoring Aussie aces (Dallas and Little) flew and scored most of their victories on the type (I'm not going anywhere near who was the top scoring out of the two. Both men have fierce proponents. for a long time it was accepted as Bob Little, but current research seems to have Stan Dallas in front) I think this one is unlikely given the recent Ray Collishaw re-release of the tripe.

4 Sqd are mainly known for the Camel and the Snipe. The Camel is still available in a multitude of options so is a weak possibility though the early Snipe would be a reissue, so that is possibly an option. The obvious reissue would be the RE8 with 3 Sqn markings with possibly some 1 Sqn markings as well (I'm pretty sure they also used the type, though not fully equipped) I think this is a strong option as the RE8 seems to be one of the more popular WNW releases, especially given what it goes for of ebay!

Now if we are talking 'new' as in never before released, then it gets interesting! Granted, WNW also has to think about future releases with different decal options, therefore something like the DH5 which was operated by 2 Sqn before it re-equipped with the SE5a might have limited appeal as off the top of my head I can't recall which other allied squadrons operated the type (that being said, it didn't stop WNW releasing the Dolphin which was only equipped 3 frontline squadrons) Then there is the BE2 series (operated by 1 Sqn AFC) though this hardly qualifies for an 'Aussie' flavour when you consider how widespread its use was with all allied squadrons. That then brings us to an interesting type in the Martinsyde G100/102 Elephant which was also used extensively by 1 Sqn. It also had limited Western Front use with RFC Squadrons but had much more longevity with the Aussies in Palestine even after they inherited 111 Sqn RFC's superior Bristol Fighters. That neatly brings me to the one I forgot. The Aussie Biffs of 1 Sqn were definitely among the most uniquely marked Biffs of the war, but given that the  Bristol is still available (just?) probably means this re-release is unlikely.

Now if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I think the favourite (like most everybody else) would have to be a re-issue of the RE8 with 3 Sqn markings. A somewhat obvious (if uninspired) choice, though welcomed by a lot I would guess. I would love to see the BE2 series get up and running. A Stan Dallas Camouflaged 40 Squadron Hisso SE5a re-issue would be most welcome (if slightly annoying as that is what I got the original SE5 release for ::)) as would a Tripe with his markings as well. I would love to see WNW come right out of left field with the Martinsyde Elephant, while it wasn't that successful an aircraft, but IMHO, it is one of the more elegant looking aircraft of WWI.

I guess one important factor in what WNW release is research. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that was a primary reason that they haven't done certain types was a lack of information. This probably also pertains to markings as well I imagine.

All this being said, I'm sure I'll find whatever they release interesting.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline poshboy

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
for my two pennys worth nieuport 11,austrian albatross,caproni ca3 thank you

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
It’s generally something that no one has thought of before!

I just hope they don’t take a year or so to reach the shelves. The Camel took forever  :o

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941