Author Topic: 1/32 Special Hobby Morane Saulnier Type N  (Read 19230 times)

Bughunter

Re: 1/32 Special Hobby Morane Saulnier Type N
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2020, 07:24:53 AM »
Ryan, very nioce to see you back working on this N!
Great new tools and work.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2020, 08:15:56 AM »
That is some super fine detailed work there Ryan. At normal viewing distance I am not sure that I would see the rivets! The shape of the fuselage also looks OK from where I am sitting.

Stephen.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »
Ryan, very nioce to see you back working on this N!
Great new tools and work.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank, it’s good to be back in early aviation land!
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
That is some super fine detailed work there Ryan. At normal viewing distance I am not sure that I would see the rivets! The shape of the fuselage also looks OK from where I am sitting.

Stephen.

Hehe, not sure that is true Stephen I have seen your scratch work! Thank you for checking in.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup

Offline Borsos

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
Wonderful build, great details. That Morane makes me want to start mine...
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »
No time like the present Andreas!

Thanks.

Ryan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »
Hi Ryan , I must say that it is great too see you back on this build . Super job on replacing the rivet detail . I have those tools , well four of them . Pick them up from Ultracast here in Canada . Two sets of two . Two for 48 scale and two for 32 scale . They work really well for this . Do you mostly use Vallejo Model Air ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Ryan

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
Hi Terry,

Thanks for checking in, I am excited to finish this one up!

I mainly use Vajello but also paint with Tamiya colors. I will say the linen I used (deck tan) for this build is a Vajello model color (as opposed to model air) product and a little difficult to spray, from now on I will use Tamiya Deck Tan for this shade.

Ryan

Offline ebergerud

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2020, 06:44:28 PM »
Lovely and meticulous build. I just started this kit and should have been smart enough to see what else was on the forum about it. You figured out the tail skid - I was mystified by it and assembled it incorrectly. (It will stay that way - it's close enough and I'm not a battle tested styrene surgeon.) I'm interested in using Tamiya cement as a prelude to putting on PE. On Model Warship their uber-meisters use small drops of "tacky" white glue to position railings etc - and follow it up with CA. I'll try your way next time out. I've never tried coloring the leading edge on wings etc to aid sanding - I have seen it done with an orange magic marker. Sounds like a very good idea. Or you can build Tamiya kits and not worry much about seams. (Wish they built bipes) Anyway, eager to see more.
Eric

Offline Ryan

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2020, 10:28:01 PM »
Thanks Eric, been around the block a few times! The white glue technique to set PE is just as effective, the goal with any medium used is just to hold the part in place till you can get super glue flowing. :)

Ryan

Offline Ryan

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »
Hello all, got a new photo set up so no more messy work bench shots!

Anywho, pulling away from the wings for a little while I put effort into the front cowl. Previously I had added strip to the "package tray" assembly right under the shroud. This mod made the unit fit very tightly to the front of the cockpit.

1/32 Morane Type N by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

As mentioned before the kit is a little chunky, here I am refining the strap detail on the wing warp A-frame. The trick is to carve a line right before the strap to set definition and then blend and sand until it looks right...and proud of the support.

Before:

After:

And loose fit in place.

Ryan

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
Bring back the bench!!!  ;D

I sometimes fit PE with UHU as it sets sort of rubbery. I'm fed up with pinging bits of PE off never to be seen again. I also recently fixed PE in place with ordinary styrene solvent, the softened plastic held well

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2020, 10:18:19 PM »
You are moving right along. The small things you are doing to enhance the kit make a large difference!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2020, 12:40:07 AM »
Really neat work on the struts, it makes for a much more elegant look. These little touches are great to see Ryan, you are a very impressive modeller!

Richie

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2020, 02:03:49 AM »
That is very fine, clean work indeed, Ryan.  Well done!  This will be a beautiful model.

Best regards,

Bob