Author Topic: WNW - New Kit Coming?  (Read 35233 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: WNW - New Kit Coming?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »

Thanks for the explanation, Dave.

There's a further complication in that someone in (I think) the 1960's was faking WWI fabric samples. So to Dave's 300 authenticated bits you can add a lot that are supposed to be real and aren't

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
It is going to be the 1918 Demonge/Buscaylet...This experimental plane has to be the strangest aircraft built during WWI.

stranger than the Floh... Stranger than the five wing Fokker... stranger than the SPAD SA.4 (but looks like the engineers hung out at the same coffee shop or something)... yeah that thing wins.

I'd also be interested in further info.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2018, 01:19:30 AM »
Well I'm going to be a bit cranky here. I pre-order the new Junkers months ago and have to wait til April 24th for it to ship which means mid May arrival. Meanwhile Hyperscale gets a full production kit for review last week. Hmmmm...as a paying customer.......yeah I know like I have nothing else in the stash......

Steve

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
Steve/ Pepperman

It's part of the marketing of a product for early samples to be sent out to reviewers so their reviews are ready by product launch date. This is routinely done with books, DVDs, music and model kits.

What's different this time is that reviewers have jumped the gun and published reviews well ahead of the kit's launch. I wouldn't be surprised in future if Wingnuts put an embargo date on reviews, but then the marketing objective has been met- the product was reviewed positively which must aid sales when the Junkers goes on sale on April 24. A few buyers can get it sooner at the Model Expo in Wellington on April 21.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mammut08

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »
I got my Junkers D.1 in the mail last week. Pre-ordered direct from WNW a the beginning of the month. Wonder if I'm on the hook for a build review or something no one told me about. 

Dekenba

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:24 AM »
Steve/ Pepperman

It's part of the marketing of a product for early samples to be sent out to reviewers so their reviews are ready by product launch date. This is routinely done with books, DVDs, music and model kits.

What's different this time is that reviewers have jumped the gun and published reviews well ahead of the kit's launch. I wouldn't be surprised in future if Wingnuts put an embargo date on reviews, but then the marketing objective has been met- the product was reviewed positively which must aid sales when the Junkers goes on sale on April 24. A few buyers can get it sooner at the Model Expo in Wellington on April 21.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

If ever there's a kit manufacturer that just doesn't need reviews in order to sell, it's Wingnut Wings.

I'd buy a WNW 1/32 house-brick.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
I can now confirm with 100 percent certainty that the new kit will include a Gotha in some form, perhaps as a Duellist set.

How do I know this? Simples. I just got a Gotha on eBay.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2018, 04:37:17 AM »
Three and a half hour left until we'll know more..!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2018, 06:31:00 AM »
Three and a half hour left until we'll know more..!

I was just going to ask at about what time in the US we can expect the probable announcement? Seeing as how it will be at a show and not the stroke of Midnight!

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2018, 08:20:48 AM »
So the answer is --

new deluxe boxings of the Albatros D.V, Sopwith Tripehound, AMC DH.2 and Fokker E.II

Richtofen, Collishaw, Hawker & Immelmann figures. pix on Facebook now.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Bo, they look great (at last they are released).  I was hoping for a new kit, but these are a welcomed surprises.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:59 AM »
I am very happy. Figures do not interest me, as does not the Fokker E.II. I already have DH.2, Triplane and Albatros D.V built in my display. So I can tranquilly concentrate on reducing my unbuilt stash and not be tempted to increase it! ;D
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline krow113

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »
Nice stuff , thank you.
I love a good fig , however , I dont see anything there I need right away.
I think/hope there may be more to come...

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »
I’m happy there will finally be some Triplanes with prices that aren’t stratospheric!