Author Topic: WNW - New Kit Coming?  (Read 35351 times)

Offline eclarson

Re: WNW - New Kit Coming?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 06:03:57 AM »
That would close out the big three bombers
Ray

Don't forget the big Brit bombers!  How about a Handley Page O/400?  :)

Eric

Dekenba

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 06:43:43 AM »
I emailed Richard at WNW, partly to thank him for the Dolphin & Taube (superb mouldings), partly to get an idea of what's up next.

He very kindly replied with an extraordinarily straight bat. He gave very little away.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 06:46:24 AM »
He very kindly replied with an extraordinarily straight bat. He gave very little away.

We have trouble with New Zealand cricketers too
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Dekenba

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 07:20:54 AM »

We have trouble with New Zealand cricketers too

And Kiwi rugby players.

Offline rayb24

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 07:37:31 AM »
And Kiwi rugby players.

Lol I think everyone has trouble with them!! ;)
Ray

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2018, 07:39:43 AM »
I emailed Richard at WNW, partly to thank him for the Dolphin & Taube (superb mouldings), partly to get an idea of what's up next.

Not to be outdone, I decided to e-mail Peter Jackson, and see if I could get around this veil of secrecy concerning this April 21, announcement.  Much to my surprise, Sir Peter responded to me, even though I have never met the man in my life.  He said matter-of-factly that the Fokker Dr.1 is the big secret announcement that is coming.  Each of the first 300 kits will come with a swatch of the red fabric from the Baron's famous red tri-plane, complete with certificates of authenticity.  So everybody preorder fast!  Needless to say, these first 300 kits will sell for the astronomical price of $1,000.00 each, American.  Everybody get your wallets out.

;) ;D

For the gullible, this is just a fever dream I had.
Honor Necessity

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2018, 08:00:59 AM »

Not to be outdone, I decided to e-mail Peter Jackson, and see if I could get around this veil of secrecy concerning this April 21, announcement.  Much to my surprise, Sir Peter responded to me, even though I have never met the man in my life.  He said matter-of-factly that the Fokker Dr.1 is the big secret announcement that is coming.  Each of the first 300 kits will come with a swatch of the red fabric from the Baron's famous red tri-plane, complete with certificates of authenticity.  So everybody preorder fast!  Needless to say, these first 300 kits will sell for the astronomical price of $1,000.00 each, American.  Everybody get your wallets out.

;) ;D

Only 300? That must leave around 30,000 pieces of Red Baron fabric still in circulation
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline rayb24

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:51 AM »
Since we had the surprise Dolphin in December, then Junkers in February, and the coming surprise in April. Can we expect surprises every two months this centenary year...

So that means a BE2 in April, Friedrichschafen in June, HP400 in August, Comic camel in October and a 1 1/2 strutter in December ;) 

I know I know, a tad greedy eh, Ok so drop the HP400 as I don't have room for the box anyway....

Ray

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2018, 08:13:08 AM »
I appreciate the humour of the "fevered dreams" regarding Wingnuts' forthcoming announcement,  but could we dial back the "I emailed Peter Jackson and he told me..." posts please?

Yes it's amusing but over time such posts stay visible and others read them and assume they are true and suddenly these dreams become fact in the minds of others.

In the meantime while we relish the possible new kit announcement later this month let's not forget the very real release on April 24 of the Junkers D.1.

Dave Wilson
Administrator

Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rayb24

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 08:35:18 AM »

In the meantime while we relish the possible new kit announcement later this month let's not forget the very real release on April 24 of the Junkers D.1.

More Humour - the surprise is really the early release of the D1 on the 21st - 3 days early;) Now that would be a pretty neat April fools

Ray

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »

;) ;D

Only 300? That must leave around 30,000 pieces of Red Baron fabric still in circulation

No, actually these are all the swatches that exist: 300.  You see, these swatches are rather large, actually... ;D
Honor Necessity

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
Since we had the surprise Dolphin in December, then Junkers in February, and the coming surprise in April. Can we expect surprises every two months this centenary year...

So that means a BE2 in April, Friedrichschafen in June, HP400 in August, Comic camel in October and a 1 1/2 strutter in December ;) 

I know I know, a tad greedy eh, Ok so drop the HP400 as I don't have room for the box anyway....

Ray

i'm new to this game... this announcement looks to me like they are indeed releasing kits at a faster rate  than usual this year... anyone who was around back in the day confirm that they're on a faster pace lately?

Offline Borsos

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2018, 09:50:01 PM »

;) ;D

No, actually these are all the swatches that exist: 300.  You see, these swatches are rather large, actually... ;D
Reading this I remember the discussions about all the relic parts of the holy cross in the Middle Ages. There were so many splinters of the "true cross" around, that some people were kidding that it was possible to built Noahs ark out of them not just a cross...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2018, 10:06:14 PM »

and the controversy over which are authentic can reach a pc-10 like fever pitch...

Offline Petie2nd

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:08 PM »

i'm new to this game... this announcement looks to me like they are indeed releasing kits at a faster rate  than usual this year... anyone who was around back in the day confirm that they're on a faster pace lately?
[/quote]

Actually, it's more like a return to the earlier pace of releases. 2017 was equalled twice before, and 2 other years was almost matched. From my own list of releases, this is how it looks:

Year         Released          Out of Stock
2009             4                         2
2010            10                        9
2011             5                         0
2012             9                         8
2013             8                         1
2014            10                        1
2015             5                         0
2016             0                         0
2017            10                        1

Between 2015 & 2016 was the end of free shipping, and the changeover to Weta for distribution. To put it mildly, that was not a smooth transition. The free shipping was always supposed to be temporary, and lasted longer than we could have expected. The Camels were promised for late 2016, but were delayed until 2017.

This list is accurate, as far as I can tell. If there are errors, I'm sure someone else has better numbers, but it's compiled from info on WNW's site.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:29:28 AM by Petie2nd »