Author Topic: WNW AEG G.IV (Late) 574/18 Canadian Aviation and Space Museum  (Read 50672 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW AEG G.IV (Late) 574/18 Canadian Aviation and Space Museum
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2018, 03:25:05 AM »
Thank you Doug, I much value your endorsement! As for the garden, like most domestic chores it started with a trip to the local shopping center, where I was fleeced of the value of several Wingnut Wings kits for some heavy bags of dirt and a cart full of bedding plants ......... just what I had in mind for today.......... NOT! :-\
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2018, 04:30:41 AM »
Catching up (again) Lance. I have asked before that you show us photos of your model and not of the machine in the museum....... If it were not for the location slots in the wing in one of the photos I could easily have believed that you had substituted the real thing!

Good to hear that you are active in the garden too: too much sitting around is not good for your health. But going to the garden center is not good for the hip-pocket nerve either!

I am certain that if you can get this to the show in three weeks you will win a medal.

Stephen. 

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2018, 04:42:44 AM »
Thank you Stephen, in truth a couple more of these Kits on the shelf wouldn't change much as I've got a fair stash built up and need to do more building and less buying! ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: May 21, 2018, 05:41:39 AM »
   Like several other Builders here and those who authored the "How to Build" books I have I deemed the horizontal rails on the prop guard screens over scale; they were removed and redone with stretched sprue.

Here's a comparison and the finished product .........

Once the engine support struts were in place the rigging had to be routed while access was reasonable. You can see where, once the engines were installed there were several bent struts apparent, due no doubt to alignment errors by the Builder! They were cut with a fine razor saw, a tiny amount of stock removed, and then re-glued with CA. Though not perfect I am happy with the results.

With that done the rigging was tightened up and trimmed and this phase is now more or less complete. Its a tremendous relief to have the engines installed.

Next the fuel lines and valves running along the struts and down the rear nacelle supports will be added and the stop cocks added to the sump drain lines already in place. Hopefully this project will start to progress at a faster rate now.
Cheers,  :)
Lance

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:10:35 AM by lcarroll »

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2018, 08:12:17 AM »
Holy Cow, Lance!  Those are some mad skills on display.  I've only seen that beast once in the flesh and yours looks just like it.  Great weathering too.

I made my little prop guards using thin brass with EZ-line for the rungs.  Worked out slick in 1/72nd.  Your job has much more finesse than the kit.  Rock and roll!!!

Dan

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »
Thanks Dan,
    I can't even begin to imagine tackling this subject in 1:72 Scale, good grief! :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
Lance,
   YOur new prop guards look better than the original.  And those engines...  This is just a great project you're bringing together.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline GB

« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »
Excellent work and wonderful photography  8)

Gary

Online RAGIII

« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2018, 11:33:10 PM »
Lance,
You consistently put out an above standard Model. What you are doing with this one with corrections, added details, painting and weathering techniques is just a step above your usual incredible!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2018, 11:42:40 PM »
Nice work Lance, you will soon have the AEG complete,  keep going.

Dave

Offline Borsos

« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2018, 01:21:06 AM »
Like all the others said: really great!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2018, 03:16:12 AM »
   Thanks all, very much appreciated! Last night I was dry fitting the wings and discovered one panel was starkly lighter then all the others, I must have missed a coat or two of the black/green overspray so now, a step backwards, I'll have to mask the cross and shoot a coat or two of the filter to get it matched. Hopefully it will accept the filter over the Future sealer coat I'd put on. The biggest obstacle to the Build thus far is the Builder!! ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2018, 03:17:41 AM »
Pure modeling perfection, Lance!  Like Stephen, I have my doubts as to the legitimacy of your photos.  I'm thinking you may be trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »
Veeeeery good work, Lance. Perfect build, grat details and an outstanding paintjob/weathering.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
I like these little details. Well done, Lance  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith