Author Topic: Hansa Brandenburg W29/written off (Ausgemustert) WNW [1:32]  (Read 31715 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Hansa Brandenburg W29/written off (Ausgemustert) WNW [1:32]
« on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »
Hello my friends,
since I finished my what-if-Libelle, I wanted to do something more common. I looked in my stash and put out the Hansa-Brandenburg from the Duellists Box. For me Christiansen is not so interesting for me, I decided to build just an unknown W29.
Some of you that know me know I prefer a story around the plane.
So I decided to build an abandoned W29, one float sunken, standing in swampy water at an old mossy jetty.
The plane will look heavily worn and the wood will be rotten.
Below a wing there will be a shelter of an old homeless man (may be the pilot of the plane?) with his poor possesing. The man will sit below an old tree wit a improvised fishing rod in his hand.
But first the W29 has to be build.

First I start with the damages of the interieur. Made by a sharp knife and some tweezers.

The rotten and bleached wood was made with Tamiya colours (XF24, XF54, XF55, XF60, XF63)

After that the rotten areas were covered with masking fluid.

For the seat belts I used the HGW ones since they will better align with the damaged seats.

The dashboard was treated the same way as the above mentioned floor.
Just drilled some holes for the instruments that are hanging out of it. The instruments are made from sprue.

Here are some pics of the work up to now. There will be a lot of more work to do a model that looks realistic withered by time.

I hope you like it.
I know some may say that it is a sacrilege to treat a W29 kit in this way, but i will do my best to make a special model, that shows the beauty of rot and decay.
Bye,
Manni

"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Hansa Brandenburg W29/written off (Ausgemustert) WNW [1:32]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:50 PM »
Wow Manni, very innovative.  Your treatment is outstanding.  Love what you have done so far, am sure will turn out to be quite a stunner.  Looking forward to future posts.   :D

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:49:06 PM »
Manni,
   A brilliant idea and brilliant work, this is going to be a thrill to follow! I really am impressed by the way you've portrayed the deteriorated Instrument Panel and the splintered and rotted wood on the floor is spot on. Looking forward to following this immensely!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »
Manni,
   A brilliant idea and brilliant work, this is going to be a thrill to follow! I really am impressed by the way you've portrayed the deteriorated Instrument Panel and the splintered and rotted wood on the floor is spot on. Looking forward to following this immensely!
Cheers,
Lance

I can't say it any better than Lance! Brilliant is correct! I am looking forward to the rest of your build with great anticipation!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »
LIKE!

vB   ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jorgo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 03:48:56 AM »
Great subject, Manni! Keep on your excellent work!

Highest regards

Jörg

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 06:20:42 AM »
Manni,
Cheers,
Lance

I can't say it any better than Lance! Brilliant is correct! I am looking forward to the rest of your build with great anticipation!
RAGIII

I echo these comments exactly, brilliant work Manni.

es.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 08:55:29 AM »
This is going to be a fun build to follow Manni  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
Wow!
A fantastic idea, and a great start. I can't see anyone complaining about what you're doing to this, it's only a kit after all, and they are there for modelers to build....any way we like!

Ian

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 11:17:40 AM »
 Manni,
First class modeling my friend! I'm looking forward to following along this project. Keep up the awesome works my friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Bughunter

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 12:20:38 AM »
Manni,
what a great start to realize a very creative idea! Not only creative, but also solid workmanship.
I will watch with great interrest!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 01:29:58 AM »
I recently came across this build Manny and although my heart breaks seeing a plane rotting I am deeply impressed by the stunning craftmanship of your build. World class as usual and I will follow closely!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »
Mani,
I wholly agree with Ian - what you do with a kit is up to you. Personally I think that this will be a one-ff and thus very exciting and a very unusual subject and presentation. If you continue the way that you have started you will have a very striking and eye -catching model. I am going to follow this with great interest.

Stephen.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
Hello my friends thank you so much for your overwhelming comments, thank you!!! I will do my very best to keep you entertained by my work.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline mgunns

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »
Interesting concept Manni:  Certainly a test of your modeling skills and creativity.  So far it is looking the part as you use some innovative techniques to capture the neglect and weathering of an aircraft sitting un attended.  I too am looking forward to seeing how you accomplish the rest of the build.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....