Author Topic: WNW sells damaged kits  (Read 20686 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Re: WNW sells damaged kits
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 06:23:55 PM »
I hope my early AEG arrives in the same condition. Couldn't resist any longer and ordered one.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 04:50:35 AM »
i get mine tomorrow. have to go to post office due to import duties <sigh> got an AMC DH.9, a DFW C.V, and Early Fee. will post up my impression of condition.

if what i see matches what y'all see, i think i probably need an AEG and a Ninak. so i won't be eating for the rest of September.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »
Well my "water damaged" Wingnuts AEG kit arrived on the Gold Coast today and it’s in absolute mint condition. There’s a minor crumpled corner to the box but no damage whatsoever to the contents. All the contents are in their plastic bags. The decals are pristine and the instructions are perfect. There’s a bonus too, the Windsock SE5 squadrons book.

I am delighted beyond words- an AEG for half price plus a free book about my favourite WW1 aircraft!

This water damage sale by Wingnuts is a huge thing and if the other water damaged kits are like this I urge you to jump in quick!

Buy with confidence gentlemen.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 11:00:06 AM »
Dave W.

Thanks for the link that you gave earlier in the thread. Excuse my delay!

Mike

Offline Europapete

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 01:13:15 AM »
Morning all, happy to report the three kits arrived in good condition, just minor scrunching of the boxes, contents are perfect. AND the free book! Wingnuts are the best! Regards from Pete in Rhode Island.

Offline tom1815

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 03:35:06 AM »
 Got my Ninak today and its in perfect order apart from a little water staining on the box, very happy bunny today!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 03:43:58 AM »
   I hope I do as well, I pressed "Pay Now" on the AEG (Late) last night. I had passed on it earlier but at this price and given the Canadian "connection" I couldn't not grab it! :) :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2017, 05:00:49 AM »
Okay, I got the "Damaged" Felixstowe yesterday and the Post War NINK Today.  Except for some obvious water damage and mildew on the Felixstowe box, some mildew on the instruction booklet and minor mildew on the decals, the plastic is A-1.  The NINAK has a manmade cut in the box and "WD" for water damage, but no mildew, contents are perfect.  Check it out:

NINAK: 

I am very pleased with the purchase and the purchase price.  So far, I have not seen or read one blog about getting a kit with any broken parts, all seem to be water damage to the box and some on selected kits to instruction booklets or decals. 

Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline tomcervo

The Ninak has landed.
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »
As above, so below--evidence of damp on a box bottom, faint musty cardboard odor.
Parts perfect. Instructions undamaged. Decals look okay--paper background has a slightly different sheen in spots.
Given that i was planning on repairing cracked parts and replacing sodden decals, I'm in a good mood.
Windsock SE5 Squadrons book as added bonus.
Now to find a frame for the "Compliments of Wingnut Wings" card.
My order confirmed shipped 8/30; arrived 9/6 in Michigan.

Offline davec

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:25 PM »
Same experience as everyone else.  My Ninaks and AEG's arrived yesterday with distressed looking boxes that completely protected the pristine plastic, instruction books, and decals inside.  Very happy.

Looks like the reports of kits arriving in good conditions spurred some sales.  The DFW's and Ninak's are gone, and they only have Rumplers and AEG's left.

Dave

Offline aircare84

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 09:06:11 AM »
Got my 2 kits from WNW today.
Minor staining on the inside of the Ninak box, no notable damage to the Fokker box. Contents pristine.
Great bargin!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 09:32:51 AM »
For those of you who actually have money at this incredible time, there are only two left:
Rumpler C.IV (early) for US$65
AEG G.IV (early) for US$129

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
Mine three arrived today, boxes distressed, decals & instructions like new, Rumpler C.IV (early) had a broken strut, but nothing to lose sleep over (also picked up Rumpler C.IV (late) decals as kit comes with part to do late, so 4/5 versions possible if you do not have extra lozenge).  Free book, life is good.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 03:07:17 AM »
my three (early Fee, AMC DH.9, and DFW C.V) arrived in immaculate condition except that some vandal scrawled WD on the lid. Western Digital? Wylie Dufresne? certainly couldn't be water damage, no evidence of that. contents were in immaculate condition. i'm particularly thrilled with the Fee, that will be the kite in which Fred Libby made ace... as an observer.

absolutely delighted.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
WD = Warehouse Damage (according to Dave J who should know)
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/