Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Pfalz Weekend  (Read 2551 times)

Offline jeff shreve

Eduard 1/48 Pfalz Weekend
« on: October 05, 2017, 04:52:29 AM »
Eduard is re-releasing the Pfalz D.IIIa as a weekend kit. Has a couple of color schemes that may not have been offered before in prior releases.

https://www.eduard.com/store/eduard/pfalz-d-iiia-1-48-1-3.html?listtype=search&searchparam=8417

Offline Cimmerian

Re: Eduard 1/48 Pfalz Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
I had two of them arrive yesterday, nice color schemes.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:39:16 PM »
I had two of them arrive yesterday, nice color schemes.

Ken, does the kit contain both the the lower wing shape in the early (pointed ends) and the later (rounded ends)? The reason I ask is that I looked on Eduard's website at the instructions and it shows cutting off the pointed tips of the wings and rounding them to simulate the later rounded tip wings yet when the pics of the sprues with the parts layout shows that both wings are in the kit.

If the kit does have both lower wing styles, why wouldn't they just have you use the rounded lower wing instead? Seems strange to me.  ???

Chuck

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
Yes, two lower wings in there.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »
Had I not clicked onto this page having returned from my local late last night I would  now not be the proud owner of one of these kits acquired off eBay for the princely sum of £15.50.   ;D
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:31 AM »
Just got it and there’s a rather bright scheme that I’ll go for. Just a tad confused over the instructions about which bottom wing to use.

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
The Ewers plane is one of the options in the WnW kit. It shows the rounded lower wing tips and a white rudder.

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:13 PM »
Just got it and there’s a rather bright scheme that I’ll go for. Just a tad confused over the instructions about which bottom wing to use.

Yea, I agree Toby. I raised the same question in Reply#2 above.  ???

Seems odd to me that Eduard indicates rounding off the pointed early production style lower wing when they also includes the later style wing the rounded wingtips already.

Here's a link to the kit's instructions:https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/8417.pdf

Notice that on the parts sprue layout of the instructions it only shows the early wing as being included in the kit. But as Jeff and other pics of the actual kit on the Net have confirmed, Eduard has included both style wings with the kit.

My guess is that the guys in the "Drawing the Instructions" dept. didn't communicate with the guys in the "Molding the plastic" dept. ;D

Either way, I have one ordered and will be here soon enough. I plan on doing the scheme on the boxtop as having the WW2 style Balkenkreuz markings I find different and therefore appealing.

Chuck
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:33:11 PM by skeeterbuck »

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
Thanks Chuck.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:40:49 AM »
The black scheme I don't think I've seen before