Author Topic: WNW sells damaged kits  (Read 20854 times)

Offline miecio52

Re: WNW sells damaged kits
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
My Dh 9a Ninak looks like the model of Luke :)29$ model +gift Se5 a -cool :)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 07:59:55 AM »
I have just collected my AEG Late from the customs. A parcel worth 179 NZ dollars as per the delivery sheet, proved worth processing for them. I had to pay 23% VAT and a post office ransom. But still, I reckon I earned 100USD + 23% of VAT from the full price. Quite a bargain I assume.
The kit is in  fully acceptable state. The box quite worn, squeezed on one side. WD marking spoilt the box art but honestly speaking the boxarts are the weakest parts of all WNW kits, IMHO. Opening released some humidity smell but should evaporate in a couple of days :-) The plastic sprues generally fine but not pristine. Two out of three G frames with Parabellum guns were stressed and had damaged elements, luckily not those which are used in AEG. One engine nacelle I2 has signs of pressure applied to it and possible deformation but seems it returned to original shape on its own. One of rear cabane struts J15 is bent but should pose no problem to reshape it when cut from the sprue. One of front cabanes J12 with propeller protection for the pilot has a mysterious fault - one rod of the grille has a missing 2mm fragment, though it does not seem a damage but rather a  fault at injection process. A plastic or wire insert will surely remedy it. Control horns on the rudder slightly bent but not broken - were easy to bend back. One of top wing trailing edges has a small indent but reparable with a gentle pressure. One or two elements were out of the sprues but contained in plastic bags. Instruction booklet present with slight signs of pressure - bent. Decals present, with slight signs of mould action (wavy sheets) but seem to be fully usable. A usual SE5/SE5a Windsock Datafile (it is my third one, I wish they could do some variation on this item) and a compliments business card from WNW included. All in all I am completely happy with the purchase. Thank you WNW!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
   I'm still waiting for mine (same Kit) and hope I do as well! It's been 13 days since I ordered so hopefully it will arrive early next week.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Gilly

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »
Just arrived via Her majesty's Revenue collectors ( the modern day Dick Turpins  :() who just had to hit me for £35 was my AEG Late from WNW and apart from two crushed corners to the box and WD liberally decorating the boxart all is present and correct and appears on first inspection to be in good order. Thanks WNW for this opportunity as I could never have had the opportunity of this model had it not been discounted and even though the tax man took his pound of flesh it was still excellent value. Now just awaiting my Rumpler  ::)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 11:46:41 PM »
Gilly, how long was it from ordering to receipt?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Gilly

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2017, 04:43:52 AM »
Gilly, how long was it from ordering to receipt?
Cheers,
Lance

Ordered 29th August Lance and touched down safe and sound into my hands on 22nd September, according to the label it had been hanging around in customs since the 13th  :( so roughly two weeks from NZ to Uk and just over a week from arriving in the UK to getting to my door  ::)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:27 AM »
For my two damaged kits I chose the cheaper delivery option labelled 15-30 days. Both kits ordered separately, the second one one week after the first one, arrived after 16 days, each of them. AEG spent one extra day at the customs.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Stonewall34

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »
Ordered the Junkers J.1.  Says shipped on the 28th of August.  Still haven't received it as of the 23rd of September. Should I be worried and contact them or give it until the full 30 days.
Frank

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
Hi Frank, not sure where you live, if in the US it seems too long.  Other forumites may have a different outlook on your delivery time.  From other stories told, Custom seems to be the hold-up.  For me it was about 1 1/2 weeks for slow shipment from NZ to Columbia, SC.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
i got my Rumpler last Wednesday. the top right corner of the box was crunched in, and as a result one of the cabane strut parts (wishbone-shaped) snapped in a couple of places. i'll probably repair it rather than try to make a new one of brass, because it's streamlined in such a way that it has a complex shape.

other than that everything is perfect including the decals. this was by far the most damaged kit of the four i've received so far, and it's bairly touched by misfortune. i'm delighted.  i'm still considering which kite to build. as far as i can tell all the parts are there for the late version as well, and the decals are available, so all options are currently in play. this is one for further down the road so i don't have to decide just yet.

still waiting for the OOP Albatros D.Va. it's shipped. when i ordered it, it and the Rumpler were still up on the site. a few hours later, the sale was over. so i got my fifth Warehouse Damage Sale victory just before the sale ended. ACE!

one thing that works pretty well for customs in Thailand... if you send by slow, cheap post, they tend not to bother inspecting and taxing. don't know how it works where you are, but may be worth a try...

Offline buzby

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 06:39:54 PM »
My early AEG came yesterday. The top of box is slightly dented around - as if someone put a stack of smaller models’ boxes on it. That’s all outside damage visible. Sprues are complete, small trace of bending of I3 item – one nacelles’ shell - no repair needed, no other signs of damage or moisture in; instructions book and all decals in excellent condition.
Delivery within three weeks incl. customs – also not bad.
am I satisfied? Ooo yeah!

8)
buzby

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »
just got my last of the five. the Albatros D.Va. this one clearly got a little wet. parts are fine, instructions are fine, decals definitely felt it, but might still be usable. i wasn't planning on using the kit markings anyway, so i'm quite happy.

Offline Derrick

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
I had ordered 3 kits separately. The first (DFW) and the third (AEG) arrived but still waiting on the second (post war Ninak).

Offline tomcervo

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »
My Dh 9a Ninak looks like the model of Luke :)29$ model +gift Se5 a -cool :)

If you're doing the Ninak, make sure you look at the correction page:
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3001&cat=6

Offline miecio52

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. :)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia