Author Topic: Breguet XIV B2 (Hi-Tech 1/48)  (Read 39390 times)

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
Re: Breguet XIV B2 (Hi-Tech 1/48)
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2018, 01:15:23 AM »
Thanks Giuseppe!

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2018, 03:22:12 AM »
Hallo,
Sunday sessions on the Breguet:

After rigging the first 4 couples of cables that did not involve the upper wing I decided to prepare all the rest of rigging BEFORE glueing the 8 struts and putting the upper wing on top.

That was because the EZ line is very difficult to slip into the anchor points I built for the double wires

I preferred to put the line in position now so at least for the bottom wing the job is easy enough, for the top wing... well I don't know...

Before going on I needed to make a numbered list of all the cables needed:

On the left the written list, on the right the schema you already know with the numbers on it.

Excluding the tail and the cabane, there are 13 cables to set on each side of the plane, where the couple of double wires counts 1.

Here is the patient as it looks now on the operation table:

I have not yet glued the X crossing cables rigging the corresponding struts (back and forward internal / back and forward external), so there are still 8 missing from the table, I guess I'll put them on next weekend because now my eyes go round in circles...  ::)

After completing the rigging I will glue the struts and then the upper wing, the problem is how to turn the plane upside down to work with the top wing laying on the table, what will happen to the intricate set of cables?

By now I re created the shape of the wings on a piece of transparent thick acetate (from a shirt box) and marked the struts positions, drilled out, to give the struts  a correct position once glued to the bottom wing.

I should have done it before putting eyelets and control horns on the wing, so I just laid the acetate on the wing and traced very gently the profile with a marker...

OK that's all for today!!!

Thanks for watching

Antonio

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2018, 05:28:17 AM »
Antonio,
   I've been following your progress here and have to express my compliments on a very fine Build. I really like your idea of numbering and indexing all of the rigging wires, a very clever idea and one I'll borrow from you! This is a complicated rigging configuration and I can well imagine your eyes are going around in circles at this stage! Enjoy the short break and it will become much easier after that.
Cheers,
Lance

Bughunter

« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
Very clever preparation! Good luck for the rigging, this will improve the look of the model further.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2018, 07:16:08 AM »
Moving along nicely, await next batch of pics !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
Thank you guys, comments are always encouraging and much appreciated!

Antonio

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »
Dear friends, patient followers of this long lasting work:

I used the transparent acetate wings to keep in place the struts between the wings while the glue was drying:

Then completed the rigging work between the wings:

I forgot, as clearly stated on the instruction sheet, that the leading edge of the upper wing should be 4mm backwards with respect to the one of the lower wing, so the struts should have been tilted backwards, while I made them vertical.

I have put the cabane struts on and of course I needed to glue them 4 mm forwards not matching the holes in the fuselage.

This work is lasting too much and I wouldn't take further time to correct this error, so I went forward and closed the gap among the two top wings.

I'm going to add more meaningful details before shooting new photos.

Thanks for your attention!

Antonio

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »
Great idea with acetate top wing, I also will borrow this as it may avoid lots or trouble. And the plane looks beautiful with wings installed and rigged.
Ciao
Giuseppe.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
Thank you Giuseppe.
Some rigging is still missing, as soon as I'll complete it I'll post some more photo.

Antonio

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2018, 11:59:30 PM »
Antonio,
   That Acetate Wing template for strut orientation is a brilliant idea, I'll be adding that to my box of tricks for sure! Great Build you have going here and thank you again for sharing your techniques. :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ryan

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »
Antonio that really looks sharp and the acetate wing is just great, thanks for posting.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2018, 01:15:36 AM »
Antonio, your Breguet is looking great and your use of a clear top wing template is genius.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2018, 02:14:10 AM »
Thanks again guys for your appreciation, it lets me feel more and more motivated.
The advantage of being part of such a forum is that everyone shares lots of knowledge, my lot is much smaller than others' but I am happy to share it.

I hope to make some more work during the week...

Ciao

Antonio

Bughunter

« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2018, 02:19:32 AM »
A lot of rigging and a lot of work ::)
My kit is going down a bit in the stash, I need something easier at the moment :-X

Good luck with finishing!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2018, 02:21:22 AM »
Thank you Frank, I need something easier as well!!!
:-D