Author Topic: A Long Promissed Project: HK Meteor Mk.4 1/32nd scale  (Read 27909 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: A Long Promissed Project: HK Meteor Mk.4 1/32nd scale
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2019, 08:18:13 AM »
Oh! silver-grey...it's a Pfalz! It's a Pfalz!  ;D

;)

Nice going Rick.

Robin

Thanks Robin...I think  8) It does look a bit Less Aluminum in the photo vs real life. I have some Testors chrome Silver to apply next and then something I might try is a Valejo Metal Medium paint which looks semi clear in the bottle but looks silver when painted. Lots of experimenting to do  :o
RAGIII

PS: Something that is perhaps not well known on this group is that FOKKER built a bunch of Meteor F4s' for the Netherlands and Belgium  8)
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Robin

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »
PS: Something that is perhaps not well known on this group is that FOKKER built a bunch of Meteor F4s' for the Netherlands and Belgium  8)

I know...and even F-16 assembly at the Ypenburg Fokker factory (sadly closed now  :-\)
My brother still works with Fokker, but no more planes build. Now only modifications on existing planes...mainly Fokker 50 and Fokker 100, but also oldies still flying, like the Fellowship and even the Friendship. Fokker is a fading national pride though. :(

Obviously very much alive and kicking in my family. My all time favorite Fokker is the D.XXI. :)
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 02:26:19 AM »
My sincere apologies Rick for not seeing this before: I do not normally lurk in this area!

That is one super Meteor and one super metallic finish. I just wish that I could get that standard with a brush!! Thsi is a real cracker - just hope that it is helping to restore your mojo for modelling....it looks as though it is.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 05:19:37 AM »
My sincere apologies Rick for not seeing this before: I do not normally lurk in this area!

That is one super Meteor and one super metallic finish. I just wish that I could get that standard with a brush!! Thsi is a real cracker - just hope that it is helping to restore your mojo for modelling....it looks as though it is.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. I appreciate you dropping into New Territory  ;D Yes this build is helping with My Funk  8) I am still contemplating the next painting step. By the way, I wish I could Hand Paint as well as ypou do!
RAGIII

Offline petero

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2019, 05:27:38 AM »
The silver looks great Rick, and you did a fine job on all the seams as well. She'll look super with the colorful checkerboard squadron bands!

Peter

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2019, 07:04:34 AM »
The silver looks great Rick, and you did a fine job on all the seams as well. She'll look super with the colorful checkerboard squadron bands!

Peter

Thanks Peter I appreciate your comments! As for filling and sanding I have to admit there are a few glitches but overall I am satisfied  8)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2019, 07:00:24 AM »
So I just went back and sprayed a second coat, this time I mixed a bit of Chrome Silver with the Aluminum. Not a lot of difference but noticeable in real life  8) Next up some random spraying of a Valejo Silver Medium. Thanks for looking folks!
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
Where do the lift and control wires go? Have you pre-drilled the holes?

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2019, 07:53:46 AM »
Where do the lift and control wires go? Have you pre-drilled the holes?

Stephen.

:D Yes all is pre drilled. I plan to use Invisible thread for the rigging  8)
RAGIII

Offline Robin

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
Difference is certainly noticeable...looks good. :)

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
Difference is certainly noticeable...looks good. :)

Robin

Thanks Robin. Now on to breaking the monotony
RAGIII

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »
Rick,
 Lovely work as per usual  8)

Have you seen the metallic range from Mission Models? From their demo on Youtube they look the part.
I will be investing in a few of their range in the new year. If the rest of their colours are anything like their black paint, I will be one happy bunny indeed.

Keep up the good fight!
von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 10:56:33 PM »
That looks fine, Rick.  Another slightly different shade on some panels will really set it off!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2019, 02:53:28 AM »
Rick,
 Lovely work as per usual  8)

Have you seen the metallic range from Mission Models? From their demo on Youtube they look the part.
I will be investing in a few of their range in the new year. If the rest of their colours are anything like their black paint, I will be one happy bunny indeed.

Keep up the good fight!
von B  ;)

Thanks von B. I haven't seen the Mission Models stuff. There are so Many Brands out there now it boggles My Mind  :o So in the end I usually stick with stuff I am familiar with and also that I can pick up at My LHS or Hobby Lobby.  8)

RAGIII

That looks fine, Rick.  Another slightly different shade on some panels will really set it off!

Thanks Ken. I Normally have My painting plan totally figured out at this point. That isn't the case with this one. Being a "Painted" finish on the real birds I am hesitant to paint panels in different shades. I am afraid it will end up looking like a "Failed" attempt at a NMF. Photos show a pretty even Monotone finish on the Meteor, Most are also Very clean! Therefore I admit to being open for suggestions on this one!
RAGIII

Offline petero

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2019, 03:42:05 AM »
Since the High Speed Silver was paint, you should weather it the way you would weather any other paint scheme. They were kept very clean, so for mine I used a panel wash only around the opening/removable panels and hatches, and left the rest of the airframe pristine.

In your larger scale, though, some subtle repainting with a slightly different silver color around fasteners and removable panel edges might give a good effect, as well as some scuffing where the pilot and ground crew step. I'd expect that the gun panels and large engine hatches would get the most wear and tear.

Peter