Author Topic: Avis/ Mikro Mir 1/32nd scale Fokker EV Jasta 6.  (Read 77720 times)

Offline RAGIII

Avis/ Mikro Mir 1/32nd scale Fokker EV Jasta 6.
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »
OK, I know another build is really pushing but I had to start this one ! I intend to add a few details to the cockpit but most will be OOB. I find the kit to be pretty nice overall. The fuselage construction will offer some opportunities but I can see why they did things the way they did. The bottom panel has some pretty nice stitching molded in, not possible with the standard fuselage half construction. ( Unless the stitching were done ala WNW)

I have cleaned up and assembled the wing halves. Recquired some filling and sanding. By the way, I should thank Fokker Fodder from this Forum for the great deal he gave me on this kit. I just paid shipping from Australia!
RAGIII

Of course I will be using Aviattic interior and exterior Lozenge where required.
RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:17:14 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Avis 1/32nd scale Fokker EV Jasta 6.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »
Woo Hoo, looking forward to your progress.    ;D

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:47:31 AM »
Nice catch, Amigo!  About time!  Looking forward to following this one.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:20:54 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

Ditto Rick, you made out like a Bandit! I'm really looking forward to following this Build, something quite different. Markings/Finish??
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jamieg

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:36 AM »
That should be fun, Rick. Looks like a straight forward build. Components look okay. I never bought one of these because I could not find any info about the kit when it was easily available.

Jamie

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 04:06:14 AM »
This is going to be an interesting and different build. Looking forward to following.

Stephen.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 06:17:12 AM »
Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this kit.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 12:30:37 AM »
That looks really nice. It will be another great model from your bench. But looks like a Roden kit. Did they release that under another name? Never heared about Avis...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 12:30:46 AM »
Woo Hoo, looking forward to your progress.    ;D

Thanks for the encouragement Juan!
RAGIII

Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Amigo! I have been after this one for a while but I never would have paid E Bay prices.!
RAGIII

Cheers,
Bud

Ditto Rick, you made out like a Bandit! I'm really looking forward to following this Build, something quite different. Markings/Finish??
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance. Yes I am quite pleased at the price Fokker Fodder asked. $19.00 US for shipping  ;D No box and missing the small acetate sheet but no big deal to me. As for the markings and colors: Jasta 6. Lozenge Fuselage, black and white striped tail. The wing will be in the 4 color scheme. As for the personal markings not sure which one I will do yet!
RAGIII

That should be fun, Rick. Looks like a straight forward build. Components look okay. I never bought one of these because I could not find any info about the kit when it was easily available.

Jamie

Thanks for the comment. I will say this. I wish I had got one years ago myself. For a limited run kit it really is nice. Obviously connected with Roden as some DR1 parts are shared.
RAGIII

This is going to be an interesting and different build. Looking forward to following.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. I will try hard to live up to every ones expectations  ::)
RAGIII

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this kit.

Des.

Thanks Des. It will be difficult to match your build but I will give it all I have. Really one of my favorite WW1 aircraft even though Historically not all that Important.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »
That looks really nice. It will be another great model from your bench. But looks like a Roden kit. Did they release that under another name? Never heared about Avis...
Borsos

Thanks for commenting. I think the Roden connection is there as some parts like the engine are common to theTriplane. As far as I know this was the only kit released by Avis. Someone connected with Roden once commented that the Nieuport 24/27 series was originally intended for a limited run company but was put into production by Roden. My guess is that the Nieuports would have been the second Avis release. Purely conjecture on my part though!
RAGIII

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 04:20:17 AM »
Hi Rick! That is a very "buildable" looking kit ... very safe in your capable hands! And what a great subject! I will look forward to the building process, always a source of great information and wonder... Any thoughts on the main wing finish? Dark Green or streaky 4-colour over wood or faded and maybe a combination? The choice is yours, really! Regards, Marc

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:12 AM »
    What are the details on the two colour sprayed camo Justin? That's new to me and another option (for the Wingnut release down the road) is always welcome!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »
 Rick,
My old friend I'm so looking forward to following along here. Keep up the excellence.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »
Cracking Rick!

Great to see something different... lovely subject

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 08:58:31 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

Know you have wanted WNW to do an E V so perhaps this is the best bet now, will be following !!!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.