Author Topic: Odd thing: Voss Alb D.lll wheel covers  (Read 11258 times)

Offline Brez

Re: Odd thing: Voss Alb D.lll wheel covers
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:13 AM »
Brez,
Love your work! Is that the Roden 1/32?  I'm doing the Eduard 1/48.

If mine turns out half as good as yours I'll be we'll satisfied. 😀

Cheers

Syd

Thanks Syd, it's an Eduard DIII/Oeffag "mash-up"

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=6200.msg112682#msg112682

Cheers,

Tony.

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
Tony, wow! Even better work than I had imagined!
I have been wrestling with the Jasta B front cowl ring louvres. The Eduard PE ones don't cut it IMO.
The sequence of wing colours on my model will be different to yours, as per Jim Miller's plan view in the Bronnenkant book. I think you have captured  the "light straw" tone of the fuselage ply perfectly.

Cheers

Syd

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 12:22:17 AM »
I'd still be interested in Jim's final answer to why he represented the wheels as grey on starboard side and grey-green on the port.

Jim's final answer -- "a slip of continuity"

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 09:21:22 AM »
Or, as a friend of mine sometimes says "spot the deliberate mistake". In the process of investigating the wheel cover question I learnt a lot more about the Voss Alb D.III, so it was well worth asking this knowledgable and most helpful forum.

Thanks and cheers

Syd

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 09:30:20 PM »
As I recently got the very nice Pheon decals for my Fokker F.I and also happen to have a Roden Albatros D.III that may end up as Voss' machine, I have a question... though this discussion seemed to start (and end!) about the colour of the wheel covers, a lot of stuff was covered in between so I hope I'm not too much off topic -if that's the case I'll open a new thread, but it seemed to me it would be better to keep it all in one place for future searches?

With that said, from what I have read and seen, Voss' Albatros kind of grew towards it's final incarnation. I have seen a photo of it with just the 2 hearts and the swastika (without the laurels), but is there also a photo,  text or something else that shows/tells/whatever it with just the hearts, so without the swastika? Or was the swastika first and were the hearts added later?

Best regards,
Jeroen