Author Topic: FINISHED: "Ikarus 1916" - Shot down LVG C II  (Read 43562 times)

Offline Borsos

Thank you very much Juan, Bo, Des, Edo and Boggie for your kind words and your interest!

Finally I took some pics of the crashed airframe and the first piece of lower wing. It still needs many details and some shading and dull coat prior to some weathering.
It's all Evergreen plastic and lead foil...

Thank you! (I don't like the contrast between plastic and lead foil on this piece of wing here. It's much less visible on the original part but pops out on the foto. I think I'll have to rework that.)
Borsos
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:38:46 PM by Borsos »
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
 :o Wow, Andreas!  I was waiting to see this!  Truly remarkable work, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

:o Wow, Andreas!  I was waiting to see this!  Truly remarkable work, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud

I can't say it any better than Bud! Remarkable work indeed!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gedmundson

Just catching up on this now, I arrived late in the game here. Stunning work so far - the motorcycle and damaged aircraft are truly works of art. Excellent job!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Wow, just wow. :o
Sprachloser Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Edo

Borsos! you keep amazing me! this build is getting better and better! the crashed plane looks very realistic.
I like best the broken wood which, in my opinion is very difficult to make seem real, but you did it! and very good, too!
cant really wait to see it all together!
ciao
edo

Offline Jorgo

Top notch, Andreas!👍👍👍

Jörg

Offline markleecarter

Astounding! Well done!

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Outstanding, looking forward to your creativeness in the next chapter.

Offline lone modeller

That scratch built airframe is extremely good, as are the engine, prop and wheel. I think that the damaged wing looks convincing enough but then I am not a perfectionist!

Stephen. 

Offline Borsos

Thank you very much for your kind words and your encouragement!

Here is some progress on the wreck:

right upper wing is just loosely laid onto the airframe for the pics

The LVG C II is not only a really important plane but at least in my eyes a really beautyful airplane as well and it's a shame that kit manufacturers seem to have avoided it in any scale. But the airframe isn't too difficult to build from scratch. All the metal parts are made of lead foil, struts are brassrod.
Thank you!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Wow Borsos, outstanding work on the crashed plane.  Really looking forward to seen your progress (all aspects of your builds are great on their own rights, together will be awesome).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:30:54 AM by Juan »

Offline lone modeller

That is truly incredible. For a scratch build that really is of the very first order. Really looking forward to seeing this in the diorama with the figures and background - it will be truly worth the wait.

Stephen.

Offline Edo

wow Borsos! truly awesome!
I like very much the effect you obtined, and I know it is not easy at all acheive such a finish.
The torn farbric on the upper wing is just fantastic, the bend of it... amazing!
can't wait to see it all togheter!
ciao
edo

Offline markleecarter

Simply stunning! Wonderful work and utterly convincing to my eyes. Well done.