Author Topic: Weta Workshop  (Read 8390 times)

Offline ermeio

Re: Weta Workshop
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
But it seems that for WNW the weta dollars are 5% ...

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 02:16:03 AM »
WETA have confirmed that WETA Dollars are applicable to WNW orders.

So you can get up to 15% discount!!

Only thing that concerns me - how can they afford to do this?

Structured & continuous discounts are built into the basic retail price.

Regards
Russell

But the basic retail price will be the same as it was at WNW when no discounts at all were offered?

Offline Russell

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:34 AM »

Regards
Russell

But the basic retail price will be the same as it was at WNW when no discounts at all were offered?

Hmm.. why do you think that will be the case?

Even if that was so, the removal of shipping included in the price leaves some room for discount so there's no real problem as to how it could be funded. 

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 03:23:48 AM »

Regards
Russell

Even if that was so, the removal of shipping included in the price leaves some room for discount so there's no real problem as to how it could be funded.

Because that's what WNW have said.

WNW are doing the whole thing to save themselves the shipping cost, not to offer it up in a different form. I mean, a 5% discount is not insignificant, a 15% discount on a product sold at a single price is huge.

It just indicates to me that shipping costs will have to include the WETA dollar discount, so will add at least 5% to the cost of the kit in addition to actual shipping costs.

We'll find out soon.....

Offline Russell

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »

Regards
Russell

Because that's what WNW have said.

WNW are doing the whole thing to save themselves the shipping cost, not to offer it up in a different form. I mean, a 5% discount is not insignificant, a 15% discount on a product sold at a single price is huge.

It just indicates to me that shipping costs will have to include the WETA dollar discount, so will add at least 5% to the cost of the kit in addition to actual shipping costs.

We'll find out soon.....
Jiffy,
If WnW have said the retail price via Weta will be kept as it was when direct from WnW then that news has passed me by - are you basing that expectation only on the fact the prices haven't changed on the WnW website? Let's hope it proves correct although a reduction would be nice  ;)

But as I wrote - even if the prices are maintained they've got the money that used to go on shipping in hand (less any additional costs due to the new distribution system) to offset the discount. Yes they've made the distribution change to save themselves the shipping cost but shipping a $79 kit halfway around the world cost them substantially more than a 5% discount will.

With that in mind a 5% discount is easy to cover, nor is the 15% huge when it's linked to a customers annual spend of over $1000 (quite a sizeable budget for most modellers).

It's a very welcome incentive but neither is it hard to see how it can be afforded.

Of course for UK modellers any discount only helps to offset the fall in the pound.  :(

Regards
Russell

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »
We will agree to disagree.