Author Topic: Weta Workshop  (Read 8391 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Weta Workshop
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »
The mission with the ring had to be stealth. Remember, there were Nazgul flying around in Mordor, who would surely spot an Eagle trespassing their air space.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:00:32 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline boggie

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »
The mission with the ring had to be stealth. Rmember, there were Nazgul flying around in Mordor, who would surely spot an Eagle trespassing their air space.

Air Traffic Control would probably have denied airways clearance anyway!  ;D

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
The mission with the ring had to be stealth. Rmember, there were Nazgul flying around in Mordor, who would surely spot an Eagle trespassing their air space.

Air Traffic Control would probably have denied airways clearance anyway!  ;D

Absolutely  :)

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »
I think they wouldn't have received the necessary diplo clearance for a trip to mount doom before t/o anyway.

Offline Russell

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
Be warned - there’s a thread on ‘The Aerodrome’ forum discussing whether Nazgul had a 2 or 3 colour streaked finish on bare hide – the threads already at 32 pages (31 of which are comments on other members parentage).

Apparently a photo exists of a Nazgul being finished in the Dark Tower which defiantly shows 3 tins of paint & a very frightened Orc with a brush.  ;)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
It will be nice when Wingnuts re-opens for business and we are spared this fan worship about Lord of the Rings on a WW1 models forum .

I just hope the Weta Workshop association with Wingnuts does not lead to more endless threads about LOTR or the Hobbit.

The fan tragics may now vent their fury.... :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline boggie

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 07:34:26 PM »

Absolutely  :)

I think they wouldn't have received the necessary diplo clearance for a trip to mount doom before t/o anyway.

Be warned - there’s a thread on ‘The Aerodrome’ forum discussing whether Nazgul had a 2 or 3 colour streaked finish on bare hide – the threads already at 32 pages (31 of which are comments on other members parentage).

Apparently a photo exists of a Nazgul being finished in the Dark Tower which defiantly shows 3 tins of paint & a very frightened Orc with a brush.  ;)

Hahaha  ;D

BTW, Wingnutters Home page, and some others, stills shows the "free shipping" banner while nothing can be ordered.

I'm not sure if they're providing accidental irony or taking the P155.  :P

Apparently K1W1's have a sense of humour too!  ;D

Offline boggie

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 07:45:19 PM »
It will be nice when Wingnuts re-opens for business and we are spared this fan worship about Lord of the Rings on a WW1 models forum .

I just hope the Weta Workshop association with Wingnuts does not lead to more endless threads about LOTR or the Hobbit.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Ah! journalistic humour of the dry variety.

I like that too.  ;D

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Don't be silly, Dave. You're entitled to your opinion, it's just happens to be wrong is all!  ;D
The One Ring is REAL!!! I know this to be true because I have it in my charge. See image below.

The many years of wearing said Ring has had a positive effect on me. I'm now totally BatShit crazy! See image below... lol

BobDalf The SlightlyPaleBlue

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

::)

Offline eclarson

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 09:40:03 PM »
You all do realize it was Tolkien's experiences in WWI that inspired the writing of LoTR.  So any discussion of such here is appropriate. ;)

Cheers,
Eric

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:56 PM »
'T seems like this thread should now be moved to "Time to Relax".

Offline macsporran

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 02:32:06 AM »
.... or "Time to Commit Suicide"
Bu66er that for a game o`Sojers, I started this thread to let people know they could sign up to a Weta newsletter re WNW news, not to be hijacked by followers of Tolkein' s misogynist, racist drivel.
Go and start your own thread elsewhere.

While we're at it, when is PJ going to forget this rubbish and give us the remake of The Dambusters he floated a decade or so back?
S

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 02:42:12 AM »
.... or "Time to Commit Suicide"
Bu66er that for a game o`Sojers, I started this thread to let people know they could sign up to a Weta newsletter re WNW news, not to be hijacked by followers of Tolkein' s misogynist, racist drivel.
Go and start your own thread elsewhere.

While we're at it, when is PJ going to forget this rubbish and give us the remake of The Dambusters he floated a decade or so back?
S
Or God forbid a really good WW1 Aviation themed film... You'd think with his interest in the genre something would be brewing at least.
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »
[quote .

S
[/quote] Or God forbid a really good WW1 Aviation themed film... You'd think with his interest in the genre something would be brewing at least.
[/quote]

One would certainly think so !!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.