Author Topic: CSM Salmsom-Moineau S.M.1 1:48 scale  (Read 41030 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: CSM Salmsom-Moineau S.M.1 1:48 scale
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 10:51:37 PM »
   That interior is really bringing it together Des. The engine looks very impressive in place as well, looks like a really nice Kit and will result in a spectacular model.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »
Great interior despite of the lack of documentation. Awesome!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Flute

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:21 AM »
Des, I was thinking, maybe the exhausts should be not white but silver/metallic?
You don`t see white exhausts every day)

Perhaps they were lagged with asbestos cloth.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 08:14:04 AM »
Edgar, these photos show the exhaust as being a whit/ish colour, they are certainly not silver or metallic. Hard to tell with B&W photos but to my eye it appears the exhaust is near white. Please bear in mind that my exhaust manifold has not been weathered yet, when completed it will not be a stark white like it is at the moment. I would greatly appreciate input from the forum members regarding the exhaust colour or even better some photos which would show the exhaust and its colour, Edgar, please post the photos you have where you say the exhaust is almost shiny.

Des.

Please click the photo for a larger image.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »
It looks like it could have been brushed on ceramic coating ?
Hence the white effect , don't think paint would hold up to the heat form the exhaust ...

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »
I'm looking forwart to see the ready built plane, it is so fascinating, wich odd looking inventions and sideway thinging was "allowed" in the time of early aviation.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 04:50:10 PM »
Des, I agree that it`s hard to tell for sure what material is on the surface of the exhausts, same as for this machine in overall)many blind spots)
Agreed! All Salmson engines I know have copper exhausts. I would take it for a heavily weathered copper exhaust  :)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 05:16:25 AM »
 Des,
Sorry my old friend to be late in chiming in here. Still wondering how I missed this awesome project until today. Absolutely outstanding progress to date. I'm very impressed with the detail of her Salmson engine. Truly a gem in it's own right. As always I much appreciate your choice in projects.We both share a love of the unusual aircraft and seldom seem/modeled types.Looking forward to following this thread and I hope you might come up with a scratch built example in 1/32 scale. Well Done my old friend and keep up the Master Class efforts.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

@ Edger
Thank you for reissuing this awesome kit my friend.
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
i suppose it cold be as stated copper exhaust having oxidized to that nice greyish greenish patina. but there might still be a bit of chalky whitishness as well.i imagine omething like the link below although

https://www.designyourwall.com/products/copper-oxidized-pr-28094?taxon_id=683

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 10:40:08 AM »
I have just about completed the internals. I used the kit supplied resin seat but made the rear bulkhead and gunners seat, the front gunners seat is kit supplied. I also made an instrument panel and fitted the kit supplied instrument gauges and bezels, except the brass one, I still need to fit a timber frame around the centre map. I have also fitted the front right side of the fuselage. The kit supplied throttle quadrant is also fitted, the kit PE control wheel was a bit flat so I added a circle of 0.5mm copper wire, this gives it a bit of bulk, rudder bar which is home made is also fitted. I will not be doing super detailing to the interior as most of it will not be seen.

I will be taking a few days off to conduct two reviews of other products.

Des.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 12:20:51 PM »
  "I will not be doing super detailing to the interior as most of it will not be seen."

Perhaps not "super detailing, Des, but a lovely detailing job it is! An unusual subject, a new Kit, and your skills are producing a real winner, I like it!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
Thanks Lance for your much appreciated comments.

I have closed the fuselage and surprisingly all parts fitted really well, apart from the small piece I broke off there is very little filling to do. Once filled and sanded the entire fuselage will shape up really well, as I said earlier very little of the interior is now visible. As far as a resin kit I am pleased with the way the kit has gone together so far, I have had to make some parts but that is all part of modeling, the lack of instructions is the only drawback.

Des.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 01:54:20 PM »
Oh, man!  That's looking so awesome, Des!  Even without paint, three holes with one side mounted engine looks very cool.  Superb work on the innards, by the way.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline xan

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »
good work congratulations!
Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »
Oh, man!  That's looking so awesome, Des!  Even without paint, three holes with one side mounted engine looks very cool.  Superb work on the innards, by the way.
Cheers,
Bud

Just what I was thinking, Bud.  Very good progress, Des!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...