Author Topic: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale  (Read 47289 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:41 AM »
for years every time i buy a new humbrol paint i purchase a $1 glass jar and stir and transfer to the new jar. i then label the jar with a sharpie and paint the lid so i can easily from above see the paint color. i also have many extra and larger glass jars to make custom mixs that i will use many times in the future. things like a ger mauve mix a pc-10 mix. several cdl mixs for diff applications etc.

on the taube,brilliant work des. i cant wait to see what you do with the flying surfaces and rigging. that thing has some wires on it.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
Here is a quickie update. The undercarriage is now painted and fixed in position, the auxiliary fuel tank with tap and feed pipe are fitted and the reinforcing fabric patches are added to the fuselage, I also added the hand hold on the left side just behind the cockpit.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:58 AM »
Beautiful....and the necessary evil painting is fantastic.

Steve

modelmaker

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »
Beautiful work DES what more can I say that hasn't already been said!

Sean

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
Wonderful work Des, she's looking very nice indeed. The cowling work is excellent.
Looking forward to seeing how you construct her wings.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »
That cowling is amazing, Des.  Looks just like the photos of the real thing.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
Des, you're a master.  Beautiful work, mate, truly impressive.

Dal.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
Stunnnn-Innggggggg... :o :o :o :o :o

Don't know what else to say!  Well done, Des.

Dan

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
I have taken a few more small steps. The entire model has been sprayed with Humbrol satin clear and the engine is now fixed in position. I made the decals to fit the two rudders and for the sides of the fuselage. The tail plane is also fixed and is ready for rigging.

Des.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
She's really looking like a Taube now, mate!  Truly breath-taking.  Just rigging that tail will be a major undertaking, but I know you'll love every minute of it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
That's quite a tail!

In looking at them, one would think that your decals were professionally made. They look that good. Come to think of it, they are professionally done as is everything else about this scratchbuilt model!

Well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

I have to go now and scrape the errant blobs of glue and paint from my latest 'creation' . . .  :o :( ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
Thanks Bud and Chris, your comments are always most welcomed. For the very small contact area the tail has with the fuselage the bond is excellent and has made a very strong assembly, I used plastic glue initially then reinforced it with a small drop of CA at each of the contact points, four each side. Your right Chris, it is quite a tail, when you look at the size of the tail and then compare it with the tiny fins and rudders it looks out of proportion, but it must have worked well. The massive big lump of steel and aluminium up front, the engine, dominates the entire look of the plane, for such a huge engine to deliver only 100hp seems unbelieveable, it's easy to understand why these early aircraft were battling to get off the ground let alone stay aloft.

Des.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
wow des. i cant wait to see her with wings.

Offline dirk

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
Hi Des,

I just have noticed your project this morning and followed your built through the whole process. I am deeply impressed by your abilities, especially the frame and the engine are masterpieces in itself. Building those Wingnut Kits is one thing and quite challenging, but scratchbuilding such an tiny airplane needs so much more...

By the way: Can you give me some details about the camera and the arrangement (i. e. lights) that you are using?

Formidable, stunning work, Des!!!

Dirk

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
Thanks Scott and Dirk for our kind comments. This project scared me at the start but now that I have settled in I am enjoying every aspect of the build. I have started to do the rigging on the tail, I'm using 0.12mm mono with 0.5mm brass tube turnbuckles and 0.13mm twisted copper wire eyelets, CA holds everything together well.

Des.