Author Topic: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale  (Read 47051 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »
Now, that's beautiful, Des.  Outstanding job on the washout.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »
Hello Des:

You do amazing work!  That's all I know.  The Taube is certainly a milestone a/c and  you are certainly doing milestone work with it.   Truly inspirational.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2012, 08:57:04 AM »
Thanks guys for your wonderful comments.

Both wings are now completed and ready for decals. I needed to think up a way to hold the wings to the fuselage which was going to add strength to the assembly. I used a length of 2.0mm chrome plated steel rod which runs through the fuselage in the observers pit as far towards the rear bulkhead as possible, the rod protrudes 12.0mm past the sides of the fuselage and into each wing, and as can be seen by the photos the wings are supported by this rod and are held level with no other external support, there is no glue used at this stage either. The section on the wing where the rod is inserted is 3.0mm thick, so drilling the 12.0mm deep hole 2.0mm in diameter was not a problem. Decals and rigging and it will be done.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »
Des, with each project I keep saying, "This is your best yet".  Well, mate, this just may be your best yet.  Your skills just keep growing.  The wings look fantastic.  This project has been brilliantly engineered and executed.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
Superb! I can't believe just how quickly you've executed this project. With her graceful lines, I can see why she's your favourite aircraft type.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »
Simply AMAZING Des!  :D  Your fine craftsmanship and thoughtful approach is an inspiration to us all. . .plus we get to enjoy your beautiful birds!  Thanks for sharing this work of art with us.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
Wow Des, that really is a fantastic looking bird.
You have certainly done it justice so far and truly inspired us all!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Adam

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »
Great job Des.

Adam.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »
What a great looking machine. Sounds like the strength is there for a long lasting model. I know this is a favourite of yours so you must be very proud of her.

Steve

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
what you shouldve done is make molds to cast in resin the parts as you scratched them. then you would have a 1/32 taube kit that i'm sure would sell like hotcakes. i'd sure pay $100 for the parts.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
Your Taube is a masterpiece Des. It is world class and an inspiration to us lesser souls. The fact you have scratchbuilt the model is that much more awe-inspiring. We who struggle with injection moulded kits salute you!

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:06:08 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:08 AM »
I would like to thank everyone who has left very nice comments, it is much appreciated, and thanks also to all those who took the time to stop by and have a look.

Here are the photos of the completed model, the rigging was not difficult, just that there was a lot of it. It ended up being quite a large model but it fits in well with my other WW1 models. I hope you have enjoyed this build log as much as I have enjoyed presenting it.

Des.

And finally, a comparison shot with the Albatros just to give an indication of the size of this aeroplane.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:54:36 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »
Absolutely stunning Des, hats off! I will certainly be using this log as a guide when I come to do mine.
Thanks for posting it,

Ian

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:33 AM »
Des, The completed model only confirms my belief of it being a world class masterpiece.

You can be buoyed too by the knowledge this is a unique model, individually made by you and not a mass-produced kit, thus it is an even bigger inspiration to us all.

It deserves a home in a world class aviation museum as it represents aircraft modelling at its finest. Thank you for sharing the inspiration with us all.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2012, 07:28:21 AM »
Des, I must have spent at least the last 15 minutes just staring at each individual photo.  This has to be the greatest modeling accomplishment that I'm aware of.  I know how long you've wanted a Tuabe, mate, and now you've got one.  And it's scratch built.  The Taube has to be one of the most challenging models to build out of a kit and you scratch built one.  I'm in awe.  Congratulations, Des.
Cheers,
Bud