Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Release the Albatros B.II Early!  (Read 24840 times)

Offline miecio52

Re: Wingnut Wings Release the Albatros B.II Early!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 01:11:29 AM »
Bought, now I hope someone will do more interesting decals :)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline miecio52

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 01:30:24 AM »
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »
Hi.
Guess you've notice the Be2c "early" in the background. Next one out?
Since there is an Albatros BII Late in the making, I wouldn't be surprised they'd do the same with a Be2c late.
What'd'you think?
Ciao
Iwik

Just a matter of time on the BE2c, methinks..

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 01:57:28 AM »
Couldn't resist this one when I saw it this morning and put in my order right away.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 02:00:32 AM »

I ordered the Albatros. If the Camel shows up soon I'll get that as well. One advantage of having grown sons and an understanding wife is that I have a little more "disposable income" than I used to. I acknowledged to myself long ago that when it comes to WNW, I'm helpless to resist :)
v/r,
Rob

Rob, I'm in the same boat with 3 grown sons. Isn't it great? We've paid our dues, now it's finally our turn! ;D  I also ordered the Alb. and I'll get the a Camel as soon as WnW lets me!

George

Offline jknaus

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 02:46:28 AM »
Well ordered mine and OMG the exchange rate sucks. Between last night when I saw the release and this morning it cost an extra buck. Oh well. I did luck out though and found that Albatros B.II book on amazon for $20 Cdn coming up from Edmonton. so it should be here next week :)
James

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2015, 02:57:08 AM »
A very pleasant surprise!!

Offline drdave

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 03:30:57 AM »
If you're quick the datafile is still cheap on the windsock site. Not for long....

WarrenD

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 03:41:45 AM »
Well, I'm as tickled as can be for all y'all that are dedicated 1/32nd modelers, I really am.  :D :) ;D  Even I am tempted to place an order. (Just ordered a bunch of stuff off of the Eduard site in my preferred scale.) I am tempted, sorely tempted I tell you.

Warren

WarrenD

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 03:52:08 AM »
Also, correct me if I'm wring, but in the series of "Blue Max Airmen", there are quite a few PlM winners that got their start on this a/c. That means a lot of cool, historic schemes if one wishes to build a series of a/c used by one particular ace.

Just sayin',

Warren

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »
If you're quick the datafile is still cheap on the windsock site. Not for long....

Thanks for the tip, Dave. I'll order one right now.

George

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »
Great start of the day! Just ordered Albatros B.II - it can be done in Polish post-war markings!

last years ago I saw this beauty in Krakow aviation museum for first time and then in Vienna shortly after that... remember that moment when I for split of second imagined how it was done by wnw... I guess It is better than I even imagined!!! ;)
Fantastic aircraft!!!!
Cheerio
Lukas

I know Prze ;) but Im pretty much assuming there will be late version in the future ;)

Cheerio
Lukas

Kraków museum has a late version  - B.IIa, some rearrangement of cooling system would be necessary to model it.
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »
 All,
While I'm quite pleased with the newest WNW release I'm also slightly disappointed . Personally I'd rather it have been a Albatros C.III if it had to be another two seater.But on the bright side it is a kit seldom modeled if at all and that's a good thing. So I don't plan on ordering a B.II just yet.I'll wait to see what else WNW surprises may still be lurking around the corner other than the Camel.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
All,
While I'm quite pleased with the newest WNW release I'm also slightly disappointed . Personally I'd rather it have been a Albatros C.III if it had to be another two seater.But on the bright side it is a kit seldom modeled if at all and that's a good thing. So I don't plan on ordering a B.II just yet.I'll wait to see what else WNW surprises may still be lurking around the corner other than the Camel.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

I agree with you 100% Gregory! I too had hoped for a single seater and would have preferred the CIII. That being said, like you I will await any further announcements.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline FarEast

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »
I love the way this was an 'Easter Egg' style release - when I clicked on the 32061 - DH.9a 'Ninak' (Post War) and the popup came up and I redirected to another aircraft I was like.......

"FFS someone has screwed up the website coding I want to see the Post War 'Ninak'!!"

and then I was like

OH MY GOD!