Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Release the Albatros B.II Early!  (Read 24836 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Wingnut Wings Release the Albatros B.II Early!
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
I will copy what ALBATROS1234 wrote - the warning of low stock was there, and there were at least a couple of days before the two kits sold out. There is really no good reason to complain, IMHO.
As for me, I was right on time with the order. And, without any will to make angry those who did not, I will share my joy - my Albatros B.II has just arrived. I will see it in 8 days under the Tree!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
Got my B.II today. Ordered on 28 November. 18 days to the Midwest....not too bad at all. I've waited longer for items from inside the US.

Mike

Offline eclarson

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
Got the ship notice for mine today but the tracking hasn't gone active yet.  But that's OK, I had no intention on it getting here by Christmas, just wanted to get an order in before they shut down for the holidays.   But all is not lost...I ordered a Takom 1/35 Morser which arrived today and went promptly under the tree.   :)

Cheers,
Eric

Offline zavod44

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2015, 01:05:42 AM »
I ordered the second batch that arrived, and I just got a shipping notice two days ago....I bet it will arrive on my doorstep on Xmus eve....

Offline JCoatney

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2015, 01:19:46 AM »
Just got mine in and it's missing the fuselage sprue and has and extra sprue with the tail plane and ailerons. I read in another place that the same thing happen to another guy.  WnW has already responded to my email and will ship the missing sprue ASAP, and since it's just going in the stash for a while, it's not an issue for me.  I suggest checking your sprues when the kit arrives.

Happy Modeling, Jim

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2015, 03:28:39 AM »
I checked mine when it arrived the other day, all sprues present and correct but the wood decal sheet had a nasty blemish on it. So I'd advise everyone to check those too, hoping it's a one off of course but Dave at WNW responded  quickly and is sending a replacement.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2015, 04:24:21 AM »
It seems in their rush to get these kits out (because of the delays in production) WnW got a bit sloppy! :o

George

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2015, 06:14:09 AM »
I don't think anyone in Wingnuts got sloppy. Someone in China or India, maybe.

Yeah, you're right. Good point.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2015, 11:41:43 PM »
Well, I might be late for the parade but I finally just hit the 'buy now' button  :) Hopefully my BII will be posted after the break which will see it well clear of the usual manic postal rush at this time.

I also note this morning that Hannants have increased the prices by £10 per kit - £79, £89, £109 - so buying direct (at the moment) is much the better option. Lets hope that the free postage stays a while yet, I'll certainly consider more in the New Year if so.

Have a great Xmas everyone, whether or not you have a new kit to drool over   :)

Regards - Tug

Offline radio

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2015, 02:41:05 AM »
The Albatros book from Piotr comes today from Poland.
It is exellent! ;D
Cheers
Martin

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2015, 02:53:42 AM »
Ordered that BII on the 19th - dispatched today according to WnW  That's one unexpected speedy turn round  :)

Maybe it will just get here in time for my 71st birthday   :D :D :D

Tug

Offline zavod44

« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2015, 02:54:44 PM »
Well I was wrong, my second batch B.II wasn't delivered on Xmus eve, it showed up on the 23rd.....you gotta love these guys, I can't believe they still got it here on time.....

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2016, 12:08:34 AM »
Just received notification from Parcel Force that the BII  kit is here and awaiting payment  :)  VAT and fee is £21.07 so that's a total of £103.30 and here in thirteen days. From my own perspective as long as the free postage remains this is definitely the better way to purchase. Hope WNW are not in too much of a rush to stop that incentive  - there are 'one or two' more I'd like to add as yet not forgetting that Camel of course  ;)

Happy New Year indeed  :) :)

Tug