Author Topic: A request to the experts Fokker E. I  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Jacek

A request to the experts Fokker E. I
« on: October 03, 2015, 01:12:04 AM »

Where do was gas cap in Fokker E. I nr.13/15 Max Immelmann ?

Offline Old Man

Re: A request to the experts Fokker E. I
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:23:09 AM »
I do not claim expert status on the type, Sir, but I do have Mr. Scott's "Fokker Compendium vol. 1", which has a drawing for the early production examples with the 'Spandau' MG (of which E13/15 was one). These did not have the tank behind the pilot, only the single tank in front of the cockpit (divided into fuel and oil compartments).

The drawing shows two caps, slightly to port of the center-line, adjacent (when viewed from above) to the fretted jacket of the MG. On a 1/48 scale drawing, the rearmost cap is centered 14mm back from the front of the cowling, and the foremost cap is centered 11.75mm back from the front of the cowling; the caps are 1.5mm in diameter. Which is for fuel and which is for oil I have no idea.

Hope this helps.

Offline Zabu

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:20:15 AM »
Old man already said it all.

The 17Th photo in wingnutwings it's quite instructive.

Here:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3049&cat=1

Offline Jacek

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
I do not claim expert status on the type, Sir, but I do have Mr. Scott's "Fokker Compendium vol. 1", which has a drawing for the early production examples with the 'Spandau' MG (of which E13/15 was one). These did not have the tank behind the pilot, only the single tank in front of the cockpit (divided into fuel and oil compartments).

The drawing shows two caps, slightly to port of the center-line, adjacent (when viewed from above) to the fretted jacket of the MG. On a 1/48 scale drawing, the rearmost cap is centered 14mm back from the front of the cowling, and the foremost cap is centered 11.75mm back from the front of the cowling; the caps are 1.5mm in diameter. Which is for fuel and which is for oil I have no idea.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
You helped me a lot !
Greetings .

Jacek