Author Topic: Beckhardt's emblem color? Yellow Gold or White?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline skeeterbuck

Beckhardt's emblem color? Yellow Gold or White?
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:00:40 AM »
Hi,
I'm trying to determine the correct color of the personal markings (swastika) on Fritz Beckhardt's SSW D-III.

In Rowan (Pheon) SSW set the decals are a golden yellow but in the Jack Herris' new book on SSW aircraft it shows Bob Pearson's profile they are in white. I can only locate 3 pics of his plane and to me the markings look too light to be any sort of yellow shade yet the other known pics of Kest 5 aircraft look to be a darker tint and could possibly be a yellow. Unfortunately the first pic with Beckhardt in the cockpit is a poor print. The other is after the war in Swiss possession.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Beckhardt's emblem color? Yellow Gold or White?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »
From my understanding it is white Chuck . Have you check on the Areodrone in Dan San Abbots postings ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline skeeterbuck

Re: Beckhardt's emblem color? Yellow Gold or White?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 12:46:48 AM »
From my understanding it is white Chuck . Have you check on the Areodrone in Dan San Abbots postings ?

Terri

Yea Terri, I searched there. All the info I've been able to locate that indicates that the swastika was white is older info where it's also indicated that the fuselage was green. This is the same info that was originally included with the old Eduard first edition of the SSW. From my understanding, it seems that the current thought is that the Kest 5 fuselages were painted black with golden yellow markings. Here's the artwork from Pheon Decals.