Author Topic: News from WNW  (Read 14452 times)

Offline jknaus

News from WNW
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:08 PM »
The news from Wing Nut Wings is that the next model will be the iconic Sopwith Camel.

James

Offline zavod44

Re: News from WNW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
WNW is so strange sometimes....why tell people about this and some stuff is so secret, cool news nonetheless......

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
Yes, it is no secret, we have known about this for at least two years, probably take another year before it is released.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
Yes, it is no secret, we have known about this for at least two years, probably take another year before it is released.

Des.

Agreed Des! On the other hand nice to see it confirmed at last on their site!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
And more news in their email today:

An update on recent, and not so recent, developments at Wingnut Wings. 

-Work continues on our new model of the iconic Sopwith Camel and we believe that the end result will be well worth the wait. We do not have a release schedule for the Sopwith Camel at this time. 

-New decals ideal for full size replica aircraft or enhancing model display bases (http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/decals).

9110008    1/1 Full scale Clayton & Shuttleworth factory decal    US$16 (As seen on propellers and aircraft manufactured by Clayton & Shuttleworth)

9110009    1/1 Full scale Admiralty Design propeller decal     US$12 (As seen on one blade of many British propellers, often paired with a Clayton & Shuttleworth decal on the other blade)

-We also have a limited number of spare decal sheets from our earlier models available to order for just US$10

Felixstowe F.2a N4291 USNAS additional photo-etch Scarff ring bracket parts available.

If you have purchased 32050 Felixstowe F.2a (Early) and you intend to build option C2 (N4291 USNAS) then you will require a 2nd set of photo-etched Scarff ring brackets. Please email [email protected] and request “0132050P2 Scarff ring brackets” and provide your mailing address and we will send these to you free of charge (while stocks last).

Recently sold out models;

-32015 1/32 Albatros D.Va is now sold out (32047 1/32 Albatros D.Va (OAW) is still available - http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3111).
-32016 1/32 Sopwith Pup RNAS is now sold out (32013 1/32 Sopwith Pup RFC is still available - http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=28).

We currently have no plans to re-release models 32015 & 32016 but at some time in the future they will reappear as Special Edition releases with resin figures, additional decal schemes and 100s of photo-etch detail parts. We do not have a release schedule for these Special Editions at this time. 

In other news...

-New June 2015 PDF Catalogue is now available for download from our website (http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/pdfcatalogue).

-New basic & advanced modelling hints & tips have been added to our website (http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/hintsandtips).

-We have added British wicker seat warnings for our SE.5a, Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Triplane models and, for good measure, the Felixstowe F.2a in an attempt to counteract some recent overly zealous 'after-marketing'. These aircraft DID NOT have wicker seats
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »
Actually Wingnuts have not stated that the next model will be the Sopwith Camel. In the email issued today Richard Alexander states: "Work continues on our new model of the iconic Sopwith Camel and we believe that the end result will be well worth the wait. We do not have a release schedule for the Sopwith Camel at this time. 

While we might love the Camel to be the next release let's not get ahead of ourselves as to when it will be here.

Also of interest, the WNW email has this to say about the new wicker seats on the market: "We have added British wicker seat warnings for our SE.5a, Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Triplane models and, for good measure, the Felixstowe F.2a in an attempt to counteract some recent overly zealous 'after-marketing'. These aircraft DID NOT have wicker seats."       

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »
WNW has surprised us before with unexpected releases - I would definitely NOT be surprised if there are several new models released before we see their Camel...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
I'm still holding my breath waiting for a Be.2, I'm sure that there is one coming soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
Th eimportant thing for me is that the specialeditions are not cancelled....I still hope for a LVG and probably it will be between the first ones, as pictures of teh PE frets leaked years ago :)
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 07:35:40 PM »
I'm still holding my breath waiting for a Be.2, I'm sure that there is one coming soon.

Des.

Me too!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline macsporran

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »
What a let-down though!
I'd been hoping June might have brought something new from them - a Dolphin maybe - but instead we've just got a holding statement about very little. OK so there's a Camel F.1 coming sometime in the future - but what is next up? - and when?

I'd still dispute the statement that SE5's never had wicker seats. I've held the wicker seat at East Fortune with a label saying it comes from an SE5a!
(I will go back down there sometime soonish to check this (and Noth's Albatros) out, but much of the Museum is closed at the moment for refurbishment. My sons were down there recently and I asked them to take some pics of the Alb panel but it is off display at present.)

Hopefully the WNW announcement is another of their smokescreens and something juicy is round the corner.
Sandy

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 10:06:25 PM »

Des.

Be careful! We don't want you to turn blue!

Offline boggie

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
Bo makes a very good point!

But I know you know a WNW Be.2 is coming Des.

Otherwise you would have built one from scratch by now.  ;) ;D

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
I wonder whether Ronny Bar's aircraft profiles give us a few clues as to what we can expect?

He has done the artwork for the profiles in the instruction books and there are a few on his website, including a Be-2 , Halbestadts amongst others, which have not been released by Wingnuts as of yet.

Expect we must be due for a mid-year release by now?.......

I won't be holding my breath for the long fabled special editions though, as I nearly have every subject I ever imagined could be kitted for WW1 in 1/32.

These are great years for WW1 model builders.

Dave

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 10:42:19 PM »
i am not sure if i will even buy a wnw camel. maybe i would i would have to flip thru the instructions and check out the decals schemes and decide. a while back one of our forum members i cant remember who said they wouldnt get a dfw c.v cuz it looked just like a rumpler. i disagreed but when i look at a camel it looks alot like my wnw pup. more so than a rumpler and a dfw to me. guess it just that i am a diehard central powers fan.my opinion is the german and a/h stuff is just so much neater looking,so many intersting color schemes and patterned fabrics . granted there are a handful of french and a couple brit planes i really like but with the fact that they (mainly brit) are all the same color with slightly diff markings i cant see building multiples of same or similar types.