Author Topic: WNW Airco DH2 6011, 24 Sqn. C Flight 2 Lt. C. Kerr  (Read 4751 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW Airco DH2 6011, 24 Sqn. C Flight 2 Lt. C. Kerr
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 02:48:24 AM »
   Thanks Keith, I like your suggestion regarding the rocker assemblies, I missed that and I too prefer a bit of grime. I see some Winsor-Newton "Lampblack" in my future, probably in the next 48 hours!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Royston

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 09:16:32 AM »
Stunning model Lance, have gone over the pics many times most of them I have enlarged/zoomed in on.
This will be the WNW kit that i'm having for my birthday it will also be my first delve into the WNW kit market.
Can you give me a rough estimate as to how long it took you to do the rigging

Roy

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »
Stunning model Lance, have gone over the pics many times most of them I have enlarged/zoomed in on.
This will be the WNW kit that i'm having for my birthday it will also be my first delve into the WNW kit market.
Can you give me a rough estimate as to how long it took you to do the rigging

Roy

Roy,
    I'm an extremely slow Builder so don't take this as a hard fact concerning how long it will take you. I did a few hours a day for 6-7 days as near as I can recall. Add a few days to install the eyelets, (I think there were over 100) It's very difficult to put a number on as I did eyelets, attached the bulk of the "wires" to the lower wing and fuselage, then mounted the upper wing and went back to rigging. Have you checked out the rigging article on Bob's Buckles Website?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Royston

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
cheers for that Lance, I have spent ages trying to choose a kit but decided that as far as rigging goes the larger the amount the better.
I will now take a look at Bob's buckles

Roy

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 01:52:30 AM »
Roy,
    I originally decided on the DH.2 as a "work up" to the FE.2b, in retrospect I'm not so sure I didn't get it backwards! If it's lots of rigging in a 1;32 Kit you are looking for I'd say both fit the bill, and you absolutely can't go wrong with Wingnut Wings. I haven't done the "Fee", but it looks to be just as great a Kit as the DH.2.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Royston

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 03:01:21 AM »
The Fee's wingspan is a little too large for me to handle as far as stowage/display goes at the moment.
Both kits have their merits and maybe one day I will be able to do the Fee
The step by step guide on Bob's buckles was very informative
Roy

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
Sorry to weigh in so late, Lance....

I have to say this is really a lovely build. So crisp! This has always been one of my favorite planes...all the way back to the Revell 1/72 kit. I look forward to getting to my WnW kit and hope I do half as well as you've done.

Bravo!

Cheers from Snow York City,
Michael

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
Thank You Michael, a compliment from a true artist of the genre is always most welcome. I happened on your Facebook Page through a casual Model friends page, Tom Morgan this morning and was admiring your Art Work displays; little wonder you don't feel ready to put your feet up yet, lovely work! (The Pup looked pretty impressive there too!)
    Looks like you folks get the prize for snow accumulation this year!
Cheers,
Lance