Author Topic: a good kit  (Read 941 times)

Offline mringus

a good kit
« on: January 24, 2015, 02:56:41 AM »
Ok so my first model was a disaster I think I'll try a 1/48 scale might be easier for me, 1/72 scale armor is much easier than Airplanes any recommendations keeping in mind that I'm a novice who needs practice and I'm on a limited budget
Thanks Michael

Offline Matt Parvis

Re: a good kit
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:05:03 AM »
Michael,

I don't have nearly the experience many of the members do, but, I would suggest one of Eduard's Nieuport weekend editions.  I just built the Ni17 and it went together without too much fuss.  Another option would be Eduard's Roland C.II weekend edition. 

Matt
We won't bring the muskets, we won't cause the pain,
But we're good for some headaches, and tough to clean stains.

Kai

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »
Sound advice - take a look at Eduards 1/48 range and pick one to suit your budget & skills.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 06:57:04 AM »
I have never built one but I have heard a lot of very positive reports from the Eduard 1:48 scale range, they have a very good range with kits that have a lot of rigging and those that have very little, just start off with something that will suit your ability and work up from there. Roden also has a great range of 1:48 scale kits but their kits can be a little difficult to work with. Don't forget, the forum has a heap of 1:48 scale builders so please feel free to ask any questions.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »
Michael,
           I'm a pretty committed 1/72nd guy, and everyone recommended the Eduard Fokker Dr.I to me. It goes together well, and has minimal rigging. I'd day 99% of any problems I encountered were of my own making since I can't leave well enough alone.

FWIW, HTH, YMMV,

Warren

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
an eduard fokker would be my suggestion. no rigging(or hardly) and plenty colorful schemes to choose from. if you want to get fancy an albatros or pfalz they both have strut array that can be glued solid before hand,rigged then the top wing thrown on easily. brit planes have individual struts and a ton of rigging so the wing wants to twist around if you dont have a jig.