Author Topic: Panic Buying anyone.  (Read 4404 times)

Offline boggie

Panic Buying anyone.
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
Wingnuts Featured Releases page now highlights kits other than the new releases.

Could these be ones getting low in stock? 

I wonder if Wingnuts have added these to give us a hint or just something for us to speculate while they take their holidays. ;)

Sneaky blighters   :D

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Panic Buying anyone.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
i wondered that too, what made them decide to put certain kits up with the featured releases. i wondered the same thing.

Online hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
could be that these are running low, last time (just before the christmas releases) one of them was the Sopwith Triplane of which I got the last one and is sold out now. (sorry folks...).
Then again, they rotate the highlights every now and then, could be just to show and highlight something else once in a while.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see the Pfalz , SE5a, and Snipe on the list of endangered kits, The OAW Albatros DVa is relatively new. Would have to have been a VERY small run. IMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ermeio

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see the Pfalz , SE5a, and Snipe on the list of endangered kits, The OAW Albatros DVa is relatively new. Would have to have been a VERY small run. IMHO,
RAGIII
It may be that they had a batch of Albatros and only part of them were boxed as OAW albatri, while the others went into the other boxes.
This would explain why the first albatros did not run out

Offline drdave

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
I'll probably buy some DVs when I get a new release. Waiting for that post war Biff and Ninack....waiting.......waiting...

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:03:24 AM »
Wingnuts Featured Releases page now highlights kits other than the new releases.

Could these be ones getting low in stock? 

I wonder if Wingnuts have added these to give us a hint or just something for us to speculate while they take their holidays. ;)

Sneaky blighters   :D
  Getting harder to get a read on the theory of kits being on the endangered species list by showing up on the home page...the Pfalz DIIIa was there for a while but this AM has been replaced by the DXII but the DIIIa is still available...for now....ah well, at least I got a DIIIa in my stash.        -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline boggie

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »
  Getting harder to get a read on the theory of kits being on the endangered species list by showing up on the home page...the Pfalz DIIIa was there for a while but this AM has been replaced by the DXII but the DIIIa is still available...for now....ah well, at least I got a DIIIa in my stash.        -M
[/quote]

Absolutely! I thought (hoping) WNW might be showing us the way ahead, financially speaking. Highlighting limited stock kits on the home page would assist those of us who would like to buy all, or many of their kits, but who can't in the short term, aportion their funds accordingly. The WNW team are a great group of people so I considered this possibility very likely. Replacing the DIIIa with the DXII has thrown a curve ball.  ??? But perhaps it is not appropriate to list all low stock and the message (if there is a msg) is that both Pfaltzs are getting low. With the AEG just around the corner and a Camel materialising sometime, what to buy/save for? I mean, it's just not cricket! But those Kiwis never have forgiven us Aussies for Trevor Chapelles mullygrubber, but why make it difficult for the rest of their fans? Gee, this situation may turn me into a conspiracy theorist! Hahaha.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:36:33 PM by boggie »

Offline Brian James Riedel

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 01:08:47 AM »
The first kit from Wingnuts I bought was the now extinct Albatros DV.  My next purchase was going to be a Fokker D-VII early but they sold out before I could get one.  With all of the speculation about other kits disappearing, I treated myself to a Sopwith Snipe early, Se.5a, and Fokker D-VIIf.  If and when the Camel shows up, I will probably get one of those. 

patiently waiting for a Pfalz D-VIII,

Brian Riedel

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 01:12:12 AM »
1981? That reads as infamous as the mullygrubber that went under Bill Buckners glove in 1986.....hadn't thought that it could mean the stock of both Pfalz are getting sparse...although you'd think the DXII wouldn't have flown off the shelves...pun intended...not near as much as the very popular DIIIa anyway...and especially nothing like how fast the Camels will leave the warehouse creating instant panic buying....(figure in rampant stockpiling/hording)....it'll be a serious spike for the entire NZ economy, won't it....   ;-)     -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline boggie

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
1981? That reads as infamous as the mullygrubber that went under Bill Buckners glove in 1986.....hadn't thought that it could mean the stock of both Pfalz are getting sparse...although you'd think the DXII wouldn't have flown off the shelves...pun intended...not near as much as the very popular DIIIa anyway...and especially nothing like how fast the Camels will leave the warehouse creating instant panic buying....(figure in rampant stockpiling/hording)....it'll be a serious spike for the entire NZ economy, won't it....   ;-)     -M

Hi -M :)  Yes, I think so. The good old Kiwis were pretty annoyed with the Aussie team and prob Aussies in general, and rightly so IMHO. Seems poor Buckner though, became the scapegoat for an entire city?  :( Not so right.

"Serious spike for the entire NZ economy", LOL. I think watching the results of the Camel release will be fun indeed. Guess I will do my bit and assist with the panic buying too!  ;) 

cheers,

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 03:04:24 AM »
Hi all,
I must admit to being a tad concerned that 8 models are now out of stock with no apparent confirmation they will be restocked.
As such I raided my savings and bought one of each type (not all the variants) that I don't currently have.  It cost over £1200 not including import duties, but they'll will keep me busy for quite a while in my semi-retirement.
Now if only I can find the RE8, LVG and Tripe without having to pay 3 to 4 times the amount on eBay!!!

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Kai

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 03:22:44 AM »
Hi all,
I must admit to being a tad concerned that 8 models are now out of stock with no apparent confirmation they will be restocked.
As such I raided my savings and bought one of each type (not all the variants) that I don't currently have.  It cost over £1200 not including import duties, but they'll will keep me busy for quite a while in my semi-retirement.
Now if only I can find the RE8, LVG and Tripe without having to pay 3 to 4 times the amount on eBay!!!

Good grief. £1,200 plus £240 VAT on WNW kits in one go?

I'm stunned.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 05:24:19 AM »
Yeah it was quite an outlay, but I am semi-retired now (only work three days a week) and modelling is a big hobby of mine.  My other main interest is being a 'skinner' for the PC WW1 flight sim 'Wings Over Flanders Fields', by ODB.
I served 27 years in the Royal Air Force and for the last 18 years a Military Aerospace technical author, so as you can probably tell, aircraft and particularly WW1 machines are a bit of a thing for me  :)

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 05:32:12 AM »
Good for you sir. ;)