Author Topic: ScaleModelWorld Telford 2014  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: ScaleModelWorld Telford 2014
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 03:02:42 AM »
Thanks Richard.

All being well I'll be posting some photos of your stand tomorrow morning.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 06:53:06 AM »
Thanks very much Nigel for all the effort you have gone to in taking and posting the photos, it is great to see so many WW1 aircraft represented and all are tremendous models, well done to all the owners of those magnificent models.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online RAGIII

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »
Nigel,
Just discovered your photos. Thanks for the time and effort. Some Lovely builds there!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »
Thank you for sharing your photos. Stunning entries into the competition (but I find it a bit strange that some models win heaps of prizes, while others, equally fine builds, win nothing at all).

Stefan

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
    Great and much appreciated effort on your part Nigel! What a tremendous display of beautiful Models, many Thanks for bringing this to us unfortunates who cannot be there. My "Bucket List" grows longer! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Royston

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 01:26:11 AM »
Hello Nigel,
first, nice to meet you at the show.

Second, The Lohner did NOT win best aircraft and was not in the final judging for Best in show.
             Why, well I have inside info that is of a very high standard who stated that the aircraft judges had found a mistake of some kind.
             We are talking nit picking, so this opened up the field to all those other lovely WW1 aircraft but alas they also did not get it.
              The winner was a yellow modern type glider, go figure. :'(

Third , how many sheets of decal did you buy from Aviattics, I had six sheets all stunning quality. Plus I hit  Gaspatch, turnbuckle heaven or what.

Roy 

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2014, 01:45:28 AM »
Hi Roy

It was great to meet you too and I have some photos to post of the wonderful Great War SIG display you worked on.

Thanks for the heads up on my error. I mis-read the card adjacent to the Lohner and failed to spot who had awarded it and have corrected my posting.  I'd be interested to know what mistake the judges found, not least since it was awarded the Cross and Cockade Trophy.

I bought four of the superb AVIATTIC  linen finish sheets, having already accumulated numerous others over time. I can't wait to try them out, but am feeling a bit nervous. When was it ever possible not to stop and marvel at and then buy from the Gaspatch stand?

Best wishes
Nigel
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:05:02 AM by Nigel Jackson »

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:30 AM »
The last two postings tried to provide a photographic record of most of the Competition entries of direct interest to us and, in a change of plan, I’ve already posted trade news and other things of interest in the What’s New thread.  I’d like to turn now to an encouragingly large number of Great War aircraft put on display by IPMS Branches and Special Interest Groups (SIGs). I haven’t tried to capture them all and  given the number of photos I’ll split this over several postings.
If I have misattributed anything please accept my apologies.

IPMS West Glamorgan had a 1/32 Sopwith Triplane and a Gotha G.IV on display

IMG_4896 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4897 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Meanwhile Staffordshire Moorlands IPMS had a Fokker D.VII and a group of Junkers aircraft

IMG_4899 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4901 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

The Night Fighter Special Interest Group featured a group of five 1/72 early British aircraft

IMG_4902 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

At the Reconnaissance Special Interest Group there was this Eduard 1/48 Roland C.II

IMG_4904 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

As an international organisation, a number of overseas IPMS Branches had Great War models on show.  I hope that IPMS Belgium Lurons will forgive this poor photo.

IMG_4905 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

And the same too for exhibitors from IPMS Swidnica, (a city in the Silesia region of south-west Poland,) who put on a 1/72 display of Richthofen’s  aircraft.  Apparently he lived there from 1903-18.

IMG_4906 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Next up is a display from IPMS Ireland with a nice little warning to the unwary about touching the models!

IMG_4907 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

More will follow as soon as possible.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 12:43:03 AM »
Great pictures, I really enjoy them!
Hopefully one of the next few years I will be able to come and see this Telford thingie, that is organized over there and everyone got soexcited about!
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »
Thanks Ssaho0

Here are more!

And on we go, to the IPMS branch at Farnborough and a series of sometimes overlapping photos of their very large and impressive display.

IMG_4914 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4911 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4910 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4909 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4908 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Unfortunately, my notes don’t allow me to attribute this display. If anybody recognises it, do let me know.

IMG_4915 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Over at the Barnet Model Club IPMS Branch, some mirrors in the display got in the way for this poor, hapless photographer,  but I hope the reflections don’t get in the way too much.

IMG_4916 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4917 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IPMS North Somerset produced a 1/72 scale display called Naval Ten, which featured the aircraft from 10 Squadron RNAS, during the first week of January 1918.

IMG_4921 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Finally, from this section of the exhibition photos, here is a display from IPMS South Lincolnshire AM.

IMG_4923 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4924 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_4925 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

Later, I'll focus on the enormous and impressive display produced by The Great War Special Interest Group.

We are so spoiled at the moment!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:46 AM »
Perhaps the most extraordinary and impressive single display was that put on by The Great War Special Interest Group. Before focusing on some of the individual gems on display, I hope the following photos give an overall flavour of things, even if it proved too much for my photographic skills.

IMG_5003 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5004 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5005 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5006 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5007 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5008 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5009 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5010 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5011 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5012 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

There are two more sets to follow.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:43 AM »
Thanks Richard

And I hope you've seen the ones relating to AVIATTIC  in the Telford posting in the What's New thread.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »
Here is the penultimate batch of photos, again of The Great War Special Interest Group (SIG) display.

IMG_5018 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5019 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5020 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5021 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5026 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5028 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5029 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

And just one further look at that Zeppelin

IMG_5030 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

The next set of photos will be the last of those I have from Telford and will feature some of the many gems to be seen on The Great War SIG display.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
I think those of us with a love of Great War aviation and models have been spoiled rotten at Telford this year.  Not only are there superb products to support our labours but also there seems to have been many models for us to admire. Perhaps the latter reflects the centennial commemorations and may not be repeated at this level next year, but who knows and maybe we’ll be seen less as a small niche interest.

To finish with here are some shots of individual gems from the many on that Great War SIG display that I was able to get to photograph.

IMG_5013 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5014 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5015 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5016 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5022 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5023 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5024 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5025 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

IMG_5027 by nigeljjackson, on Flickr

And with that, the battery in my camera expired.

So now it’s back to the group build Fokker D.VII where I have finally removed some pieces from the sprue.

Best wishes
Nigel

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 03:55:39 AM »
Nigel, these are really wonderful......thanks for posting for those of us who were unable to make it. The shots are really excellent.

I'd like to think that as this is just the beginning of the Centenary, hopefully we will see interest continue to grow over the next four years. Just seeing these beautiful models of beautiful planes has certainly stoked my boiler...which I thought was already close to full pressure.

Cheers from this side of the Pond,
Michael