Author Topic: Not the best news, but...  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: Not the best news, but...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 03:16:59 AM »

Well a large carton arrived today whilst I was at work - my Wife just put it in the corner and hasn't mentioned it. I am in serious trouble  ;D

;D ;D

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline gcn

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 06:58:22 AM »
Someone over at Hyperscale contacted Dave Johnson and reading between the lines there were a number of other kits with limited stock as well so buy, buy, buy.

Apparently the w-29 will never have a standard production run again.  :(

Unfortunately he wouldn't say which ones.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »
I haven't told my Wife - I'm expecting a rather less than favourable reaction when the courier arrives! ... I ended up buying a J.1, an LVG,a D.IIIa, D.V, DVa, and a Gotha.

Aw, I just couldn't resist adding up the cost of all of those kits. I'd definitely be keeping a low profile but once she sees the credit card charge, that might be impossible.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Dekenba

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »
Is this just not some clever marketing by WNW?

I mean, the thought that any model will "sell out" will sway many buyers.

In fact, I'm 100% certain - I just ordered the Gotha! $139 plus a chance that Customs will slap another £25 on top.

Mad - had the "sold out" sign not made a showing, I'd have waited, but as it is this is kit #63 for the stash, all pre 1946 1/32.

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 11:03:30 PM »
“Tis not as wide as a church door nor as deep as a well, but twill serve”.  :-X

Ah, the sweet mystery of the Wingnut strategy. I thank them as I know all do that love this part of aviation history and any treats they toss our way are gratefully received.  ;D

Buck-up lads it ain’t over till it’s over.  ;)

Paddy  :)

In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline wunwinglow

• Flying Start Swordfish Build, in progress
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 01:05:18 AM »
I feel your collective pain. I've been mulling over getting a new motorcycle for a while now, finally decided to go for it, called in at my local bike showroom this morning with credit card in hand.  You can imagine how surprised I was to hear Vincent stopped making motorcycles ages ago! Who'd have thought it? Ah well, instead of the Black Shadow I've been dreaming about for so long, I'll have to decide if I will get a Hesketh or a Norton Rotary instead. Decisions, decisions. I'll just have a little ponder before I make my mind up......

Tim

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »
Personally, I think that if it was a marketing ploy, WnW would only have to add a notice that a certain kit was in short supply, but I haven't seen that yet. Frankly, I'd prefer that they did alert us to low stock items rather than just post that the kit is no longer available.

Whatever the case, I'm not taking a chance, so I ordered their Pfalz and Albatros D.Va because I don't have either of them.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline michael

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »
maybe it would be helpful if they could post a message on their website to answer these questions. ???

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

mike in calif

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 02:55:21 AM »
I originally bought the J1 and LVG because I thought they were cool, and "if WNW is a flash in the pan" I'll have two cool WW1 kits. While I've known that WNW kits are all "limited" I figured the Albies to run out first. I have a W29, but thought to buy another. Various things kept me from that. I do like the fact that WNW keeps the status of kits under wraps, which keeps potential runs on kits from happening. I already see people spending more on WN kits, PLUS shipping, on e bay. While ebay is only an indicator of potential value (1/32 Revell Mirage) I am surprised to watch people buy a kit for 100 dollars+ shipping, when they can spend 5 more minutes, and get the kit at WN terms; they do it though.
Q: When WN releases the DVII, will they do a larger production run, or will people feel they need to buy more now, just in case?

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:36 AM »
... I am surprised to watch people buy a kit for 100 dollars+ shipping, when they can spend 5 more minutes, and get the kit at WN terms; they do it though...

While you´re there (eBay), take a look at some Windsock Datafile auctions... some of the titles end up being sold at a much higher price, than the price being asked by Albatros at their website...   :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:21:14 AM by Jose Chaica »
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 06:04:36 AM »
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a Roland D.VIa, and this after ordering a Pfalz D.XII last week.  :)

Just for fun, we should start a pool as to which will be the next WNW kit to sell out.  ;)

Cheers,
Eric

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Man we're all getting jumpy here. WNW is lovin it!!!!

Steve

mike in calif

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
Jose, I have noticed that about Datafile titles also.