Author Topic: Not the best news, but...  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
Not the best news, but...
« on: June 01, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »
...WnW has just listed the Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 as "SOLD OUT"!  :(
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline James

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »
I saw that last week. I can only hope they will re-release it. I would think that if they do release it again, it will be one of those special edition kits with a lot of extras and a higher price. I'm just praying that their Gotha does not sellout anytime soon as I still want one.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Not the best news, but...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »
I'm quite surprised that this is the first kit to be sold out. I wonder if it had a smaller production run as I wouldn't think that it would hold a candle to other kits such as the Albatros D.V in terms of popularity.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Jose Chaica

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
...I'm quite surprised that this is the first kit to be sold out...

To be honest, IŽm not that surprised because 1) ItŽs a model that doesnŽt require much rigging and therefore it can be much more attractive to new WWI modelers,  and 2) It has the charm of a seaplane  ;).
But I do fear that weŽll see much more WnW "Sold Out" tags in the future...  :(

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
I echo what Jose has said.

It may be sad news for anyone wanting one of these kits but it would be good news for Wingnuts.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »
That's a right royal pain....I was tossing up between the W.29 and the J.1 as my first WNW kit at some time in the future. Didn't really occur to me that they might be limited runs :(

Does anybody know if they intend to have limited runs? I would've thought they'd have another production run due to their seeming great success??

Andrew

p.s. - not in a position to develop a stash due to severe space limitations atm >:(
Eternal Apprentice

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
6 kits Red Baron!!!???....adopt me?......

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
Call me a cynic, but what better way of boosting the sales of their other kits? The economy is a bit slow, sales might be a bit flat, why not create a bit of panic buying by suddenly frightening the market with the prospect of the other kits selling out too?

I should point out that that is exactly what I did - I demolished my credit card by buying six kits just in case.   :-\

Red Baron,
You're not being a cynic at all my friend.Your idea makes very good business moxy.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
I've read elsewhere that WNW does indeed intend to re-release the W.29 with crew figures and a 200 bit pe set as a special edition kit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jose Chaica

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
...Does anybody know if they intend to have limited runs? I would've thought they'd have another production run due to their seeming great success??...

Once I asked Dave Johnson (from WnW) about this (and upon hearing about the special editions for the first time), and he told me, or at least it was what I understood at the time, that once the regular editions sold out, they would only be made available back again, as special editions. I guess weŽll just have to wait and see what the future holds...
Also, this is something that I was expecting for a long time, as they always said that ALL WnW models were limited editions. I might say though, that I was expecting the first "Sold Out" model to be one of their first ones, and not one released last year...

Offline gcn

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
The hoarding mentality did annoy me initially as I wanted to build one of these and due to the similarity of schemes I'm only ever going to build one, I couldn't see anyone ever building 4, but without the hoarders we wouldn't get the choice we are getting now so a double edged sword.

I must admit i was surprised to see it sold out so soon. Special editions could be years away considering that the D.vii was promised for 2010.

Offline gcn

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
You do know tomorrow WNW will announce a whole raft of new kits now.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
There's no way one run of any of these kits will cover the overall production costs. It'll be back and if its an S/E edition then we dont go out and buy the $30-$40 after market....

Steve.

Offline James

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »
Well a large carton arrived today whilst I was at work - my Wife just put it in the corner and hasn't mentioned it. I am in serious trouble  ;D

Hey Red Baron, my wife says you better get the blanket ready and be prepared to sleep on the couch...Anyway, at least you got some kits, especially the Gotha.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »
I'm quite surprised that this is the first kit to be sold out. I wonder if it had a smaller production run as I wouldn't think that it would hold a candle to other kits such as the Albatros D.V in terms of popularity.

Cheers,

Chris

This is what I was wondering as well Chris.

Cheers

Pete.