Author Topic: Micro Carbide Drill Bits  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: Micro Carbide Drill Bits
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
I just went to the drillbitsunlimited website and had no problems logging on, it is the same site as I used when I ordered my first lot of drill bits.

Des.

Des, thx. Please post the website address you used.
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
www.drillbitsunlimited.com  I used google search.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Thanks Des, it worked. I had tried it on Google earlier as well as "Bing" to no success. This is great news!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 01:39:29 AM »
I just tried out their bits yesterday for the first time and am I ever impressed with the cutting speed together with the fact that I don't need to fiddle around chucking the bit in a pin vice. I'm sold on them.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:34 AM »
I got a message from Jason Gale of Drill Bits Unlimited. He says, in part, "Hello, There was a site disruption that has been fixed." I'm on site with no problem now, so whatever the trouble was, it ain't no more!   ;)   ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
I just tried out their bits yesterday for the first time and am I ever impressed with the cutting speed together with the fact that I don't need to fiddle around chucking the bit in a pin vice. I'm sold on them.

Cheers,

Chris

Altho I tend to break a lot of them I am still a great fan of their product. I suspect the fact that I'm using a very fine size (#80 or 83 in most cases) and a large measure of "operator error/clumsiness" is the real reason for breakage!
Glad we've found Jason again!
Cheers
Lance ;)

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
"...together with the fact that I don't need to fiddle around chucking the bit in a pin vice."
Cheers,
Chris

OK, Chris, I give up. If you're not using a pin vice, just what are you using??  I can always use a new idea! 8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 12:32:29 AM »
Gary,

I use them "hands free" most of the time as it reduces the bending moment of an extension such as a pin vice. I do chuck the thicker ones for heavier work though. Bet Chris is the same..... ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
Like Chris and Lance, I use the drill bits "hands free" as well, I find that I have a much better feel of the drill bit when I spin it between my fingers, it takes little flexing to break these bits so extra care is needed when using them. Any size above 0.5mm I use in a pin vice, these larger bits are quite a bit stronger and are not prone to break as easily, but, as said before, they are excellent drill bits, very sharp and very accurate in size.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
"If you stop learning, you are dead." Guess I'm still alive: thx for the idea to Des, Lance and Chris. I'm obviously too attached to my pin vise!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary