Author Topic: Micro Carbide Drill Bits  (Read 5815 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Micro Carbide Drill Bits
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
Got mine a few days back. Great service, great box they're stored in and you cant beat the price!!!!!

Steve

Offline Edo

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »
Yes! I got mine too!
Great service (a little slow to cross the pond, but understandable!).
The drills a re grest, very sharp... Thank you for pointing us there Lance!
Ciao
Edo

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:43 PM »
Still waiting for my order, but I expect that it will  land some time this week.  :)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 12:22:40 AM »
Make room for me on the bandwagon too as I've just placed an order for 0.35 and 0.30 x 10 pce sets.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 02:07:19 AM »
Gary - Im guessing today or tomorrow - the 4th holiday may throw that off a bit.

Steve

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »
Gary - Im guessing today or tomorrow - the 4th holiday may throw that off a bit.

Steve

I hope so, Steve. It's getting g..d.. difficult to type these postings with my fingers crossed!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »
My set was waiting when I got home from vacation. Very nice, and yes, they are brittle! I managed to break one (.250mm) on the very first test hole :-)

d'oh!       :o

However good news is even a broken one still drills a very nice, very teeny hole (in styrene, anyway) when chucked in a Dremel. :)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
Holy Crap you Guys! I should demand a "commision"! Glad everyone likes them, and yes, I too use the broken ones, most work quite well.
Cheers,
Lance :)

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »
k.....did a reorder on my common #'s 50 of each....$9.99/50 how can I refuse?

so your commision would be about 97 cents...but if you insist ;)

Steve

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
Hallelujah Buffalo Bob! Mine arrived today and they're first rate all 'round! Took me an hour and a half to figure out the Rubik's Cube of a box, but when I did I was really impressed. Drop that box on the floor and all who sail in her will be safe as taxes. One thing that I never considered was whether or not they'd fit my manual drill holder as well as the Dremel: they do, so I'm set with Dremel and small pin vise. No excuses now for messing up that gun barrel muzzle. Crypes, you could probably do the bore rifling with these things!  ;D

Thanks for the lead, Lance. Ya done real good, mate!!  8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:43:41 AM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 11:15:11 AM »
Well, my order arrived today, a week from America to here (Australia) is pretty good. I started with an initial order of 35 drill bits just to try them out, I will now be placing a larger order of my most commonly used bits, they are excellent and at a great price.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:04 AM »
Has anyone visited the Drillbits Unlimited website recently? I went there yesterday and it seems as if it's been totally reworked to be more of a guide to other drill websites than one from which you can buy their sets. Anyone got a new web address for them? If not I'll probably try their email addy to get an update.  ???
Cheers!
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 06:09:23 AM »
Gary,
   Not good, I was about to place an order. I tried their site and got the same results as did you. I don't have the EMail address, please advise what you learn. I'd sure hate to lose this source!
Cheers,
Lance :(

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Lance,

My email is down right now at the server location, and I have four emails in line for delivery. One of them might be the answer, and I'll post the response as soon as it arrives (given that this is Sunday!). The email addy that I used is [email protected], taken from the business card that came with my earlier order. Yours to try, in case my IPS doesn't get up and running soon.

Cheers!
Gary

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
I just went to the drillbitsunlimited website and had no problems logging on, it is the same site as I used when I ordered my first lot of drill bits.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com