Author Topic: New Eduard SSW DIII  (Read 9820 times)

Offline rasbury

Re: New Eduard SSW DIII
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 05:51:20 AM »
Thanks Bud and Des (and Terri for the pics).  I'm a WWI newbie and am enjoying this forum!

Rob

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
Your welcome guy's  ;D

Terri

Thanks for leading the charge on your SSW DIII, Terri!  I've no doubt that your commitment to detailing and building the original release was the karmic trigger that caused Eduard to tool up a new one; that's how the strings of the modeling universe work. I've taken credit for a few new releases myself; the Eduard Sopwith Camel (finally released about 2 months after I finished my Blue Max kit) and the Hasegawa 1/32nd Fw190A-8 (announced just three weeks after I finished the Rutman kit)

This I can't take credit for . It was the whole spirit of the modeling community , which set the karma in motion  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »
wow, seriously wow. the detail looks on par with modern technology. the rib tapes specifically i think will look nice under some aviattic lozenge. exciting times we live in. i wonder what the next 3 are ? they said they would release one great war subject per anniversary year.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 03:05:19 AM »
Is this Eduard re-entering the world of WWI a/c modeling?  What a great looking model!  The 1/48 Modeler/entusiast must be quite pleased with this release.

Thanks Terri
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 04:29:52 AM »
can't wait for it, I was ready to order it in July and was dissapinteed that they posponed it, but it looks excellent and well I can wait, not like there isnothing to build ;)
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 09:09:05 AM »
You are most welcome guy's . I know a lot of us have been waiting over a year now for this release , not much longer .....

Does look like it will have some very impressive scheme !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
i hope those who have an old eduard ssw d.iii in good shape were able to sell them. they used to go for good money when there was no other im 1/48 version now the market will plummet on the outdated version

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 12:12:12 AM »
The picture Teri posted on the 10th is from the IPMS Convention and looks 99-1/2% ready for release.  WNW has certainly raised the bar for all the other mfgs, I think this will be Eduard's Best Kit yet !
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 12:06:07 AM »
Hello All

It's now listed in the November 2014 releases at the Eduard website. It is listed as kit 8256, a limited edition and priced at USD 34.95.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »
Hey Nigel ,

Do you have a link ? I went on Eduards site and couldn't find it any where .....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline radio

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
Terri it is in the upcoming November realeses and in the October info.
Martin

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »
Hey Nigel ,

Do you have a link ? I went on Eduards site and couldn't find it any where .....

Terri

Hi Terri,
I received yesterday the monthly new releases email from Eduard. It adds that for a preliminary listing of the upcoming November releases, go to the Eduard store and scroll down the left sidebar, where you'll find the downloadable list as a pdf. Unfortunately, it provides no further detail than I gave.

The only question in my mind is how can match your build of the original release!!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »
found this link, not much new to look at with parts but it shows instructions and decal options.

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2014/09/new-eduard-148-ssw-diii-8256-and-other.html

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
i found a pdf and it says there will be a set of fabric seatbelts available as well as that resin/brassin engine and spandaus. looks like they are accessorizing well for this release. i remember them saying a ssw d.iv too a while back. so is that a diff kit or did they drop that idea?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »
Excellent find, Scott!  Very cool stuff.  Looks to be an outstanding kit.  Thanks for posting.  With regard to the D.IV, that one may be released at a later date, but even if it isn't, I think we both have the Koster kit and we can easily use those wings and struts to do a simple conversion.  The Koster resin wings are pretty nice and won't look too out of place on the Eduard fuselage.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence